Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Cool Auction House Innovations

3 posters

Go down

Two Cool Auction House Innovations Empty Two Cool Auction House Innovations

Post by jbonie Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:10 am

Board,

Just to mention a couple of new innovations from auction houses that I think are cool:

Heritage now has it so that if you sort through the past auction results, you can make a private offer to whoever bought the item. Then, if the offer is accepted, the deal is brokered through Heritage, whom I believe takes a 10% cut. This is a really cool feature if you have ever had the experience of seeing something you really want that was already sold and felt like there was no way to ever get it.

Also, Mile High is coming up with a new program where repeated consigners get points they can accumulate that end in certain rewards. I like this idea, too, certainly it has been successful in retaining customers in other businesses (I reflect on my own account on soccer.com). It seems promising for them as a way of getting more consignments.

Just thought I'd share on the new innovations I've seen recently.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Two Cool Auction House Innovations Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Two Cool Auction House Innovations Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Two Cool Auction House Innovations Empty Re: Two Cool Auction House Innovations

Post by cccc Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:35 am

i like that heritage feature...might check out a couple things. they have a really deep past catalog so i always go there to check out items anyways.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Two Cool Auction House Innovations Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Two Cool Auction House Innovations Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:21 am

I got an email about that HA feature, but it looked like it was only set up for coins from what I saw. That said, I'm sure they'll soon open it up to card too (if they haven't already).
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Two Cool Auction House Innovations Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Two Cool Auction House Innovations Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:31 am

It's working for me on the card I purchased there.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Two Cool Auction House Innovations Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Two Cool Auction House Innovations Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:02 pm

i went to test out the make an offer feature. first not all of the cards have this, second when you go to make an offer there's a minimum amount that you have to enter. this leads me to believe the winner of these lots can make their item(s) available and set the price they're willing to accept?
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Two Cool Auction House Innovations Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Two Cool Auction House Innovations Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down