Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auction House Payments

+2
ullmandds
bowlingshoeguy
6 posters

Go down

Auction House Payments Empty Auction House Payments

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:07 am

I was curious about what we all thought was a reasonable Very Happy amount of time from the end of auction to payment. I have only consigned to REA and Sterling in the past with very fast turn around to payment.

Lee

Last edited by bowlingshoeguy on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to coorect my realizable expectations of the thread.)
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Auction House Payments Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Auction House Payments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Auction House Payments Empty Re: Auction House Payments

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 am

I think what lee meant is what is a "reasonable" amount of time from end of auction to payment.

Well...I'm still waiting for my $$$$ from Goodwin...I was told 30 days from the end of the auction until payment...which will be this coming saturday...so we shall see!

Personally...I think 2 weeks or less is what I'd call reasonable.

I'll let you guys know what my ultimate ""realizable" date I receive payment is?!?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Auction House Payments Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Auction House Payments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:09 pm

Nobody tops Sterling in terms of customer service. I received payment very quickly from Brian. (I think his accepting Paypal really may end up being a competitive advantage... faster to get money in = faster to turn it around.)

I have also received money quickly from B&L. I've never consigned anything that was "REA worthy", so I can't speak to them, but have consistently heard only positives about their turn around times.

It took a while to receive money from Legendary and I still haven't gotten my Goodwin check yet.

Two weeks is pretty short if you think about it. They have to send out invoices and wait for the buyer to pay it, then make sure the check clears, and then issue the money to the consignors. If the consignor has their money in two weeks or less, I'd say that is more impressive than reasonable. Somewhere in the two to three week range is reasonable. Three to four weeks is pushing it and over four weeks is unacceptable and requires contact initiated by the AH, IMO.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Auction House Payments Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Auction House Payments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:27 pm

Brian...I agree with your assessment...and I'm glad you haven't received Goodwin payment yet! Makes me feel better!Smile
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Auction House Payments Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Auction House Payments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Goodwin is a one man operation, so i have heard he takes a long time to pay. But, if you consign to him it seems he gets pretty good final bids for his auction.
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Auction House Payments Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Auction House Payments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Thank you for the information, gents, I just consigned a couple of cards to him so it's good to know what to expect. He is very friendly and affable on the phone, and yes his auctions really do seem to pull very high prices at a time when there's not as much money flowing into the hobby.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Auction House Payments Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Auction House Payments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:20 pm

took me about 45 days to get payment from goodwin...and i had to call him about it. bill is great to work with!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Auction House Payments Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Auction House Payments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:52 pm

45 days?!?!?!!? Shocked yikes!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down