Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you win in REA?

+15
LucasRiley
hrbaker
Square_Frame_Ramly
hanksta
cccc
Bosox Blair
ChiefBenderForever
terjung
wonkaticket
BigGuy219
bowlingshoeguy
the-illini
jbonie
ullmandds
sabrjay
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Empty Re: What did you win in REA?

Post by BigGuy219 Wed May 11, 2011 12:05 am

LucasRiley wrote:When I joined this forum, I figured out pretty quickly that I'm a bit of a lightweight in this company. However, it was not until now that I realized just how light I am. If this is boxing, I'm a featherweight. These are some heavyweight acquisitions that went on this weekend, and my kudos to all. That Kelly is beautiful, the T206's are amazing, the Cracker Jack's are breathtaking, and Pete's haul... Lord. There are hardly words.

Well done, folks. Now I'm just gonna go back to swimming with the small fish. Shocked

When I joined this forum I was in your position. But I slaved long hours at work, moved three times, and was ultimately rewarded with a salary that enabled me to make some advanced purchases. Just chain yourself to a desk in a couple of years you can get amazing cards.

Everyone starts somewhere, and nobody here judges anyone by their bank roll. Fear not.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed May 11, 2011 12:11 am

guys...let's put this thing into perspective here...please! Because I don't want to perceived as something that I am not! I never thought I'd win the Loudy...I was prepared to win the other lots...because I planned to sell all of the t215's except one for my collection. I feel lucky to have won it...and it is by far the crown jewel of my collection...value wise...but it definitely won't be my favorite!!! So friends...I am not a whale...more like a gourami who took some acid and became a whale for a day.

Might I nominate John W...aka Wonka...Aka the candy man...aka soon to be banned from net54...his collection continues to blow me away...a young T Bob...who will someday have 1 of everything...the true WHALE!!!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed May 11, 2011 12:12 am

And where's cookie puss for crying out loud?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Wed May 11, 2011 12:24 am

Congrats on all the wins.

I won the T209 color lot of 16.

What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Item_110

Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Wed May 11, 2011 1:50 am

Jim, did you look at the 9 upside down and then decide to buy the lot?
Wonka=Whale

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed May 11, 2011 2:12 am

Lucas, we have a lot of heavy weights here, but you don't need to be a whale to contribute around here. This is a great place to learn and we have some of the most knowledgeable people around hanging out here.

I never bid in major auctions. I made an exception this time because I helped George decide what to do with collection, so there is some sentimental value to that collection for me. I live a very modest life and as soon as I got involved in this collection I stopped buying cards and saved every penny plus sold part of collection to be able to buy something.

Just keep plugging away and with some luck you will have a nice find fall in your lap or land that dream card you never thought you'd get.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Wed May 11, 2011 2:27 am

BigGuy219 wrote:
Everyone starts somewhere, and nobody here judges anyone by their bank roll.

I do.

What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Money-5
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed May 11, 2011 2:34 am

Lucas,

I like my brother Jay live of a modest income and never dreamed of owning a Ty Cobb card, but now own 13 different ones, even owning a T3 Cobb (Pete's favorite in my collection, or is it the shellacked Devore). I have just as much joy out of owning commons as well as HOFers.

And a bonus is that I can go visit Pete and see all the cards a "Whale" can buy. No Whale smiley but I think this will be me when I get to see Rowdy Lowdy drool or is it this wow and then I will be "all hail to the great Whales Pete" bow

I suspect he will being taking Lowdy to the bars as a babe magnet. love

Oh, I'm just jealous, happy96

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed May 11, 2011 4:02 am

Good taste, not a good bankroll, wins respect on this board. Your game is to play the hand you got, nothing else matters. Just get in and enjoy the hobby.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed May 11, 2011 2:38 pm

I just got my winnings from REA...Rob sent them to me before he even received my payment...what a guy! Woo Hoo!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed May 11, 2011 4:00 pm

Rob is that kind of guy. It's why he has an incredible reputation. So when do I get see the Lowdy? I have lots of beer here beer

Last edited by sabrjay on Wed May 11, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by wonkaticket Wed May 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Pete there's your out don't send the check. Now's whos way ahead it's all in how you play the game baby! Very Happy
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/piojohn3/collection

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed May 11, 2011 4:37 pm

HA HA...Jay...Loudy...sadly...is destined for a safety deposit box...and John...you know it!

Pete... on his way to the airport!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed May 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Ya gotta let me see it before you vault it.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed May 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Don't worry, Jay...I CAN retrieve it to show it to you the next time we hang!

I'm going to save my REA dine and dash for a Wags...or Ruth rookie!Smile
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by wonkaticket Wed May 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Ahhh man I feel really bad...I was flipping thru my collection today and forgot to tell you Pete I also have an example of this card....as you guys can tell it's a pretty iron clad second example in better shape...sorry Pete.

What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Lowdermilk1%20copy
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed May 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Sh#T John...yours is nicer and has the handwritten proof red cross back. Oh well...I've been kinda wondering if a card is made more valuable when there are two...or if it is one of a kind?

Any opinions?

And John...my loudy looks tanner than yours...so mine is better!Smile
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jpcw Wed May 11, 2011 8:20 pm

I'm not sure about the tanned look. Shouldn't Lowdermilk's skin tone be a bit milky in appearance? Although, I do have to give the edge to Pete's provenance. I know I haven't seen Wonka's Red Cross Lowdermilk on TV anywhere.

Great card Pete.
jpcw
jpcw
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Wed May 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Nice avatar, Pete. To think, you could have just had the scan and kept the 22k. mallet
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu May 12, 2011 2:47 am

John, Are you having fun at Pete's expense? Mad nono

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by wonkaticket Thu May 12, 2011 7:52 am

No no Lee you have it all wrong I'm having fun with Pete's Expense. Very Happy
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu May 12, 2011 8:54 am

wonkaticket wrote:No no Lee you have it all wrong I'm having fun with Pete's Expense. Very Happy

give wonka a break...after he backed up the brinks truck to rob's office it's gonna be awhile before he has any fun at his own expense
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What did you win in REA? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu May 12, 2011 3:15 pm

Quan, I think all that Pete and John can afford right now are to buy some of those excess Jefferies rookies you've got.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu May 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Is that..."greg"...jefferies? Hmmm...so tempting!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by wonkaticket Thu May 12, 2011 4:22 pm

ullmandds wrote:Is that..."greg"...jefferies? Hmmm...so tempting!!!

Back off Pete you're not outbidding me on those! Smile
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum