Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold

+7
crazylocomerk
TheBig6
3-2-count
rholmes
jbonie
ullmandds
browncow75
11 posters

Go down

Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Empty Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold

Post by browncow75 Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:45 am

Hey All,
Just wanted to let you know that yesterday my mom was diagnosed with cancer. She is only 60, and we are very close, so I am temporarily "retiring" from collecting until things are resolved. Luckily they say it is treatable, and not extremely aggressive, but we will know more after her MRI next week. I will be back at some point, but dont know when. Take care guys, and I will keep you updated when things are under control.

Brandon
browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Empty Re: Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold

Post by ullmandds Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 am

Brandon...wishing your mom a speedy recovery...it sounds like it was detected early...thats good!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Empty Re: Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold

Post by jbonie Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:13 am

Terribly sorry to hear that and I do hope she is okay. I send my blessings for.a.smooth recovery.

Kind regards,

Jamie
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 am

Here's wishing for the good health of your family, Brandon! We'll be thinking about you and your mom.
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:40 am

Brandon I'm very sorry to hear of the news. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
Blessings to your mother for a speedy recovery....
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:25 am

Brandon, Very sorry to hear about your Mother
Hope she has a full and speedy recovery
God Bless her and your family
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Brandon...sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine what that's like. Here's wishing your mom a speedy recovery and we hope to see you around soon.

Keep us up to date. We're here for you if you need us.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:33 pm

So sorry to hear that Brandon. With all the advances they have now I hope a speedy recovery for her...

Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:26 pm

I echo the sentiments expressed above. Best wishes towards a quick treatment and recovery for your mom, Brandon.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 am

Sorry to hear that, Brandon. Hopefully all goes well with your mom's treatment.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by mwieder Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Brandon - my best wishes for your Mom's quick recovery.

mwieder
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Right_bar_bleue

http://picasaweb.google.com/mwieder/

Back to top Go down

Family emergency forcing me to put collecting on hold Empty Great News!

Post by browncow75 Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:11 am

Hey All,
Mom had her MRI and found out Thursday that the cancer is indeed has not spread past its initial appearance (maybe TMI, but its a "lady parts" thing), and at this point they dont believe she will need Chemo. She is going in for surgery to remove the cancer on the 27th. I will let you know how everything turns out. What a relief!

browncow75
browncow75
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Good to hear! Congrats on the great news! Smile
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down