Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Other Hobbies?

+6
Square_Frame_Ramly
JohnnyHarmonica
rholmes
TheBig6
sabrjay
jbonie
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Other Hobbies?

Post by rholmes Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm something of the average artsy-liberal type, but I do enjoy guns and hunting myself, go figure. There is a gun club/pistol range in lower Manhattan that I've been wanting to go to, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Would definitely make a fun afternoon out.

I do have a website, Jamie, but it's down for some fixing. Not missing much as it really only led to here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RHolmesCustomLeather

For the time being it's only a part-time thing for me and I seem to be doing lots and lots of cuffs for women. I do make quite a few belts for men though and sell pretty much all over the world, and to all types. I recently had a fairly well-known national politician contact me out of the blue, and he had me make him a carved belt to go along with his old silver engraved buckle set.

rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Ray,

Damn, those belts are sick! Love the brown western one. But a little pricey. Is there a Full Count Forum discount? Smile

J
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by rholmes Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:48 pm

jbonie wrote:Ray,

Damn, those belts are sick! Love the brown western one. But a little pricey. Is there a Full Count Forum discount? Smile

J

Um, no...but I do offer your my choice of one GEM MINT 1984 Topps baseball card with every purchase. bananarama

Seriously, though. I could do a small discount. Very small. My pricing is quite reasonable for what you get...on the high side of low, if that makes any sense. The carving and tooling on one of those belts is about 10 hours of work, not even counting time put into finishing, so I'll never get rich doing it. Until I jack my prices, which I can and will do eventually.
rholmes
rholmes
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Wow, ten hours of work! Those belts totally outclass me. I can understand why you wouldn't give a discount, that is a lot of work! You shouldn't! Maybe my brother will want to buy one, he has more free cash flow than me Wink

J
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Got an idea, PM sent Smile
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:32 pm

those prices with the intricate designs for the leatherwork don't sound steep at all. i come from a world where they charge anywhere from $50-$250 for a leather strap for your watches. i don't think those require as much work as what ray is doing.

Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Verdi1
Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Verdi2
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Your Other Hobbies? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2