Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you hunting for these days?

+11
TheBig6
mikemcgrail
Bosox Blair
hrbaker
crazylocomerk
Sixtofan
terjung
ullmandds
caramelcard
Bicem
fisherboy7
15 posters

Go down

What are you hunting for these days? Empty What are you hunting for these days?

Post by fisherboy7 Mon May 17, 2010 1:23 pm

So what's topping your wantlist these days?

For me:

High Priority: Scarce 19th century cards - picked up one last year (N321 SF Hess Cali) would love to add another of the same ilk before this year is through. Anyone have a Kbat Harry Wright they're itching to get rid of? What are you hunting for these days? Icon_razz

Medium/Low Priority: T213 Coupons - have a modest start to the type 2 set going, but a few big hofers out of the way already. Would also like to snag a T208 if I can get a piece of the recent hoard for a decent price.

There are many more wants, but these are the ones that come to mind first. How about you?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

What are you hunting for these days? Empty Re: What are you hunting for these days?

Post by fisherboy7 Mon May 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Hmmm....that'll do! Thanks Jeff.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What are you hunting for these days? Empty Re: What are you hunting for these days?

Post by caramelcard Mon May 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Hey Ben,

Looking for lots of non-sports issues that I collect, but having little luck.

On the baseball side, trying to fill in commons for M116, T204, and E90 and worry about some of the big names a bit later! insane

Also hoping to finish my T207 set some time within the next couple of years.

One more thing. Slowly (very slowly) upgrading some cards from my T206 set that are ugly looking.

Have to include a D322 Dreyfuss too. Bad timing with him going into the HOF when it's the last card I need for the set.

Happy Hunting everyone!

Rob

Last edited by caramelcard on Mon May 17, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add dreyfuss)

caramelcard
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Bargains...of any kind that fit my collection!!!

Looking for the following types:

e92 crofts red, blue
e94 murray violet
e97 Nichols Phil variation
e98 Jennings red, orange
e104 II, III
t213-3 byrne
t214 victory
t215 pirate
t216

pete
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon May 17, 2010 8:25 pm

E107 HOFers and an E103 Cobb
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What are you hunting for these days? Empty Trying to finish some sets

Post by Sixtofan Tue May 18, 2010 12:27 am

1915 CJ
T202
T207 - only need a few
N172 Milwaukee players

Sixtofan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Tue May 18, 2010 2:47 am

Unfortunately nothing at all right now. But I hope to pick back up in a year or so.

Nevermind What are you hunting for these days? 517562

Last edited by crazylocomerk on Wed May 19, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed May 19, 2010 2:05 pm

OK...so I lied. T216's. Wasn't expecting to pick up any more, but I got a HOFer at a heck of a price that I couldn't pass up.

So....I'm collecting T216's, if the price is right.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Wed May 19, 2010 4:23 pm

1923-24 Exhibit Jim Bottomley
M101-6 Rogers Hornsby
W600 Frank Baker

............and some lunch @ the moment
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Wed May 19, 2010 4:54 pm

Probably for me right now:

An E90-1 Speaker for my Red Sox collection, and

An E92 Dockman Matty for my Dockman set.
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemcgrail Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:47 am

Just getting back up to speed with cards, but I will be on the look out for pre war hof type cards. Particularly interested in a D359 Baker :-)

Ciao for now,
Mike McGrail
mikemcgrail
mikemcgrail
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:52 am

mikemcgrail wrote:Just getting back up to speed with cards, but I will be on the look out for pre war hof type cards. Particularly interested in a D359 Baker :-)

I still have that card! Yes, the one you sold me years ago.

Glad to hear you're getting back into collecting - welcome to the forum!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemcgrail Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:02 pm

That is why I mentioned it Ben ... I knew that you'd know that I knew

(if that makes any sense) :-)

Glad to be back!

Regards, Mike
mikemcgrail
mikemcgrail
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:15 pm

I'd like to add a nice SGC 50 T206 Johnson Portrait or Cy Young portrait sometime in the near future.
It takes somewhat of a perfect storm to find the right card when I have enough money saved.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Hoping finish off my Delong set. Down to 10 cards with Greenberg the most expensive one I need.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:25 am

I'm looking for an Old Mill cabinet. Too bad Ben still doesn't have his.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:32 pm

pro9 wrote:I'm looking for an Old Mill cabinet. Too bad Ben still doesn't have his.

t4s? when was the last one up for sale? after that huge lipset find they sporadically came up but i don't remember one for awhile?
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:32 pm

cccc wrote:
pro9 wrote:I'm looking for an Old Mill cabinet. Too bad Ben still doesn't have his.

t4s? when was the last one up for sale? after that huge lipset find they sporadically came up but i don't remember one for awhile?

T4's are the Obak cabinets. Also scarce, but not crazy tough like the Old Mill cabinets (H801-7's). The poses on H801-7's are exact matches as their T210 counterparts. Any reason behind that strange ACC classification for the OM cabs? Wish I had mine back.

Here's a scan of one I pulled off the web (not my old one):

What are you hunting for these days? Om_cab10
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Never understood that designation either since H is clothing stores and Burdick knew that Old Mill was a tobacco.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:31 am

The only t4's I have seen for sale were the Lipset ones, then 4 in a 19th Century Auction. Any others for sale since then have been recycled from those 2 auctions. The one(s) in the recent major auction I believe have been from JC's collection.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:33 am

ahh obaks, old mills...shows i'm not on top of this hobby anymore. good news i have a life Smile. seriously i've never heard of that H designation for the old mil cab before...thanks guys for another tidbit of useless info frustrated
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What are you hunting for these days? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What are you hunting for these days? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:55 am

Girls dig guys that know about H series baseball cards.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:55 am

cool...all i'm missing now is an older, more experienced wing man
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:24 pm

q - you can be my wing man anytime.
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down