Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in?

3 posters

Go down

This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Empty This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in?

Post by wonkaticket Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:39 am

I generally don’t post these kinds of items, but a PSA 5 with paper loss in two spots on this level of card…SGC is really hard on this but PSA apparently doesn’t care..LOL scratch

It's when I see things like this I say why bother spending any money having cards graded....good lord, these guys can detect the smallest trim..but hunks of paper missing; he must have been sick for that day of grader school huh. Exclamation

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-T206-T-206-Ty-Cobb-Portrait-Green-Back-PSA-5-EX_W0QQitemZ360019684222QQihZ023QQcategoryZ86840QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? CareyThis grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? FosterThis grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? McCauleyThis grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Old%20mill%20back2

Each of these S.League cards has the small spot where tape use to be..equals PSA 2...

This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Hugginsper201This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Killian

Got to love grading.... Very Happy

Last edited by on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/piojohn3/collection

Back to top Go down

This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Empty Re: This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:47 am

I think the older grades a 8 and the card a 2, therefore the median grade is a 5. I don't see the problem. Twisted Evil affraid

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Empty Re: This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in?

Post by scott elkins Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:35 pm

IMHO, the staining alone would drop the card to a five. Then, we all know that a card with paperloss (much less two spots) can grade no higher than GD. All this equals a PSA 2 (I am in agreement with Wonka, as usual)! Laughing

John- BTW, you have an EYE and a half at picking up great looking cards - especially for the grades. As clean as your Kleinow Red Hindu is, I would have given it a PSA 5 before this Cobb any day!

This reminds me of something I was discussing with Mark Turner a few weeks back. When GAI was grading TOUGH, I was using them, instead of SGC at the time for my grading. When I went to sell my cards, instead of cracking them out and playing the grading games, I sold them as they were (all undergraded by at least a grade). Turns out that I made money on EVERY card (mainly b/c I bought them right) and I got some amazing feedback from ebayers - quite a few stating the cards look "much better" than their grades!

I did have some 15 CJ's that GAI SLAMMED! All were horizontals and GAI graded them 2's and 2.5's. These I cracked out, as they were all VG/EX and EX cards. I sent these to SGC and all of them came back either 50's or 60's! Shocked

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100This grader at PSA needs to grade my cards, anyone want in? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down