Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade?

+6
fisherboy7
Bicem
TheBig6
bowlingshoeguy
terjung
v117collector
10 posters

Go down

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Empty Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade?

Post by v117collector Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:00 am

This card is very clean looks like an SGC 80. The grader must’ve been blind’ to only give a 50.

Thinking resubmission, any input would be great!
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? 66486b

Last edited by v117collector on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
v117collector
v117collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

http://tinyurl.com/58gpxz

Back to top Go down

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Empty Re: Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade?

Post by terjung Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:20 am

Every time I look at this card, I always think it is undergraded, but I guess it is due to SGC being so stringent on paper loss.
It just seems so odd to me that this card get the same grade as a beater, but also defines why eye appeal is so much more important than a technical grade (at least in E107s).

-Brian

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? E107_y11
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Empty Re: Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade?

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:24 am

I am actually starting a pile of cards I feel should get a bump but this one I have been unable to find out why the 50:

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? T206co11

Here is a stunning 30 that is getting resubmitted:

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? T206gi10

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 am

Brian,

I think eye appeal is more important to the collector than the technical grade to the grader. slap face

Just had to use that smiley. graucho marx

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:50 am

No Creases or wrinkles that I can see
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Willis2
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:13 am

bowlingshoeguy wrote:Brian,
I think eye appeal is more important to the collector than the technical grade to the grader. slap face
Just had to use that smiley. graucho marx
Lee

That's alright, Lee. Sometimes a good slap in the face is what I need when I am contemplating buying "another old cardboard picture of a dead guy" (as my lovely wife likes to put it).

I do agree that we analyze and scrutinize these cards far more than the graders do. It is cards like these though that have pushed me well along the "don't care what number the grade says" path as long as I like the card.

Brian
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:11 am

Brian,
Talk to SGC about it, I bet you could get the card into a 20 holder. I'd bring it to the National for review if it were me.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:17 pm

I don't have many slabbed cards in my collection, but here's one that I think was pretty harshly graded (big scans so nothing is hidden):

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? 33ruth18Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? 33ruth19
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Looks like at least a 2 to me, Ben.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:28 pm

That's what I was thinking too, Brian. PSA 2/SGC 30. Doesn't really matter to me though.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Empty Successfully Upgraded!!!

Post by v117collector Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:26 pm

I'm happy to announce the card was accurately graded a PSA 5, upgraded from an SGC 4. The card was cracked out and submitted RAW! I think the card looks as strong encapsulated by PSA if not better Smile

I'd like to thank Mark Turner for his generosity with the PSA submittion righton

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? V11700011
v117collector
v117collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

http://tinyurl.com/58gpxz

Back to top Go down

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Empty Brad...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:36 pm

No problem....it did deserve the upgrade since i have seen it in person.

enjoy!!!

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Empty Great Post

Post by wonkaticket Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:48 am

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Cards2Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Cards

Here are a few from my set I always thought looked better than the tech grade..
wonkaticket
wonkaticket
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/piojohn3/collection

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:18 am

Here's a few more
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? SgcjenningsDo have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Sgcmcgraw
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Marquard2Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Sgckelley
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:02 am

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Joss11Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Joss110

I thought this Joss might be undergraded so I talked to Brian and paid SGC to review it at Philly
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:42 am

I think this T216 Gibson is undergraded. It is blazing for a 4. One of the best I've ever seen.

Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? 1914T216GibsonGeorgeKottonCigsType2
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Do have any cards that deserve a much higher grade? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down