Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling "under graded" "over graded"

2 posters

Go down

Selling "under graded" "over graded" Empty Selling "under graded" "over graded"

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:32 pm

I always have to laugh when I see auctions that sellers complain about the card being under graded, but for some reason do not seem to make note when a card appears to be over graded. This seller has the Cobb that supposedly was an 88 at one time. Here is a card in one of his auctions That I certainly do not belief should warrant more than a PSA 1, that bottom left corner is horrendous, but no mention of the possibility that it is over graded.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1912-T202-Hassan-Eddie-Collins-HomeRun-Baker-PSA-3-VG_W0QQitemZ110461851363QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Baseball?hash=item19b80a16e3

If you read some of his other auctions he is quick to point out if he think a card is under graded.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Selling "under graded" "over graded" Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Selling "under graded" "over graded" Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Selling "under graded" "over graded" Empty Re: Selling "under graded" "over graded"

Post by terjung Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:16 am

In his defense, he is a consignor for someone else's card. I, for one, wouldn't be too thrilled if I submitted a card to an auction house and the writer said something like "I don't know how this crappy, suck card ended up in a 3/VG slab, but here it is anyway." ... (exaggerated to prove a point). I suspect that the owner of that Hassan feels the same way. He didn't try to talk the card up, I noticed. He titled it and let the card speak for itself with a decent sized scan. Personally, I don't have a problem with the listing. It is the whole "buy the card, not the slab" rationale that protects the buyer. If the buyer doesn't abide by that, well... then they get what they get.

Full disclosure: I don't think I have ever purchased from that seller, certainly don't know them personally, and have no idea who owns / is selling that card. FWIW, that bottom right corner isn't very pretty, but I have seen worse in a 3 holder.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Selling "under graded" "over graded" Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Selling "under graded" "over graded" Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down