Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is...

4 posters

Go down

One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Empty One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is...

Post by scott elkins Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:18 pm

the fact that Poor cards are now really presentable for the most part. Back in the past, a Poor card could have meant a half a card, or one that was about to crumble into dust, as if it had been stored in the Ark of the Covenant for many centuries.

Here is a Poor card I got in today. If it weren't for that small spot of paperloss on the back (which I can definitely live with), it would be a PSA 5. Also, I have seen several other "Poor" cards collectors own which look even better than this card. I have seen quite a few razor sharp cards Josh Krasner owns which are graded Poor due to some small paperloss or something miniscule.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180202963605

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Empty Re: One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is...

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:32 pm

I agree. This may be an SGC 7/1.
There are several better poor cards all the way up to an SGC 10/1.
And many lesser cards.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Empty Re: One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is...

Post by JK2 Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:23 pm

Scott - couldnt agree more. I actively seek cards that present well but may have a low technical grade due to paperloss etc. Here are a couple favorites (Ive shown them many times, but probably not on this board):

One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... File0783LargeMedium One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... File0817Medium
JK2
JK2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:31 pm

Yikes!
I got drawn into a the joys of paperloss thread, when all I bargained for was subdividing SGC's poor grade into its logical ten subdivisions. I much prefer a card with consistent wear to one which is damaged by paperloss, pinholes, residue, etc.

And what is with all of this Ark negativity?
Everyone ridiculed Noah, until the rains kept coming. And Joan was burned at the stake !
Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:49 pm

Great looking cards Josh - exactly what I was referring to when I mentioned you and those SHARP "Poor" cards! righton

Gil - you forgot to mention Friday the 13th and the Knights Templar. lol!

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 pm

The Illuminati are behind everything Surprised

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:25 am

The Illuminati are even behind this Jay! Shocked
One thing that has changed for the better in Our Hobby is... Mastro10

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down