Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before

+17
onlychild
dstudeba
rman444
glenv
cmoking
Bicem
pro9
zouraspm
TheBig6
TheRiddler
Bosox Blair
smtjoy
bowlingshoeguy
terjung
sabrjay
3-2-count
fisherboy7
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Empty Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:10 pm

My pick is this E104-3 Sam Crawford. I don't own it, but wish I did. Up until a few years ago when this one popped up, I didn't even know it existed. The type 3 Nadjas are so intriguing because only a handful of each subject exists, and with new discoveries still being made, the checklist may still be incomplete. Imagine a E104-3 Cobb or Matty, what monster cards those would be!

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 6a00d8341ca18953ef00e5539304d78833-320wi
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Empty Re: Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before

Post by 3-2-count Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Ben that Crawford is fantastic. Love it!! My pick, (which I own) is this M131 Baltimore News Newsboy Tris Speaker.
These pop up frequently, but usually are a common. SGC mistakenly has labeled this one as an E94 underneath the
Newsboy name on the flip.

Tony A.

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Baltne12 Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Baltne13

3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Empty Re: Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before

Post by sabrjay Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Here are the e104-3s I used to own. As been mentioned, when new groups are found, it's not uncommon for new cards to be added to the checklist. All these have Nadja backs and the Schmidt and Wiltse were new with a Nadja back and the Magee was a new card for the set.

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before E104-3s
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before E104-3willettsShow us an interesting card that we may not have seen before E104-3wiltseShow us an interesting card that we may not have seen before E104moren

As for my contribution of cards you rarely see, two cards at the top of most people's funniest cards list
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before T210bennyShow us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Hengledead
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:39 am

I looks like Hencle is getting ready to get an enema! That is one crazy card. Is he supposed to be sliding headfirst into a base and that part got cropped out?
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Empty The Dean Brothers

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:52 am

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Wheati10
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:04 am

Theories on the Hengle card range from sliding into a bag, to sleeping because he had to stand still so long for the photo to him being shot dead. Whatever the reason for the pose, it's one great card.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Here is a hard to find exhibit-

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 3132-ex-detroital-30-bw
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:27 am

3-2-count wrote:Ben that Crawford is fantastic. Love it!! My pick, (which I own) is this M131 Baltimore News Newsboy Tris Speaker.
These pop up frequently, but usually are a common. SGC mistakenly has labeled this one as an E94 underneath the
Newsboy name on the flip.

Tony A.

Hi Tony,

That Speaker is "interesting" all right...to me!!! If you ever want to part with it, please let me know first.
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:49 pm

smtjoy wrote:Here is a hard to find exhibit-

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 3132-ex-detroital-30-bw

This set has some outrageous colors. I'd certainly enjoy seeing a compilation of a color set for these. Has anyone put together such a display?
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Rare 1935 Goudey Premium, Indians Team Monatage
I haven't seen many
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Indianspicture
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Not everyone agrees on what a card is, and some may think lightly of some of the contributions in this post.
I am more interested in items which to me portray events in baseball history. For example this item depicts a young infielder just learning to pitch. His name is Jim Devlin.
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Jim_de10

After a few years hitting and fielding fairly well with some power, he found his own on the mound. His performance brought him on a par with the best in the league from 1875 - 77.However, in the latter year, after receiving information regarding fixed games, League president William Hulbert investigated and ordered players to authorize Western Union to release all telegrams sent or received during the 1877 season. All players complied except shortstopBill Craver, the team's captain.
The telegrams indicated that
pitcherJim Devlin, left fielder George Hall, and utility player Al Nichols intentionally lost games in exchange for money. No direct evidence was found implicating Craver. All four were banned from baseball for life, Craver for refusing to comply with the investigation.

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 1859cl10

1859 - Oldest Photo of Ball Grounds in Cleveland
This ambrotype, a photographic image made by a wet-plate process, depicts Cleveland's Public Square. It was probably taken in the autumn of 1859 by Albert Bisbee. Within the image can be seen the Public Square fountain, Second Presbyterian Church, Trinity Episcopal Church, and St. Paul's Episcopal Church. In the foreground lies the outline of a ball diamond.
- source - ohiohistory.org

Along with other teams, the Forest Citys played at this park.

1869 - Forest City Base Ball Club - First Professional Ball Club in Cleveland

Club Name

Year(s) Active

League

Club Record

Forest City

Cleveland

1865-1872

National Association of Base Ball Players (Professional Division) (1868-1870)

National Association of Professional Base Ball Players (1871-1872)

71-68-1

After his university adventures, Adrian once again took up life in Marshalltown and returned to playing ball for the town team. He showed considerable talent with the bat and soon joined his father Henry and older brother Sturgis on the Marshalltown Base-Ball Club. With Cap at third base, Sturgis in center field, and Henry at second base, the Marshalltown team became the most prominent team in the state of Iowa and traveled as far as Omaha, Nebraska to play in tournaments.

While a member of the Marshalltown nine, Adrian took part in an exhibition game against the powerful Rockford Forest Citys of Rockford, Illinois. The Forest Citys club was a formidable powerhouse in the late 1860s. It boasted pitcher Albert Spalding and shortstop Ross Barnes.

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Ansont10

Of course, this was the start of what history we have from this pioneer.

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 1871ro11
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Empty From a stereoview card c. 1865

Post by zouraspm Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Baseball2
zouraspm
zouraspm
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Empty Home Run Baker as a minor leaguer

Post by pro9 Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:51 pm

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before AltoonaShow us an interesting card that we may not have seen before ?action=view&current=Altoona

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:32 pm

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before ALPC%20Flick

American League Pub Flick
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 am

I know that Negro Leaguers don't count, but this card is nice.

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Dihigo11
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:30 am

Who says they don't count?
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:44 am

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 33G148SGC30WrongBackGehrigRuthShow us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 33G148SGC30WrongBackGehrigRuthBack

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:11 pm

Cool cards guys, thanks for sharing.

I know it's not baseball, but this thread just wouldn't be complete without an appearance by Lotta:

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Lotta
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Brown_10

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by rman444 Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:25 pm

There are rumors of another one possibly being out there, but until I see it, I'm gonna say that this one is unique Very Happy

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 1917D350-1StandardBiscuitBabeRuthFr
rman444
rman444
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 pm

Some of you may not have seen this Cobb. I only came across it recently ( but I'm no journeyman):

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 01cobb11
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:22 am

rman444 wrote:There are rumors of another one possibly being out there, but until I see it, I'm gonna say that this one is unique Very Happy

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 1917D350-1StandardBiscuitBabeRuthFr

I can confirm the existence of another Standard Biscuit Ruth, because I owned one maybe 6 years ago. It was in terrible shape, about a hundred creases in it. Wish I had a scan but alas, you'll have to take my word for it.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by dstudeba Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Glen -

Nice Three Finger Brown, I remember losing that auction, glad you got it.

dstudeba
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Mcconn10

but is it a card ?
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:47 am

Pretty Cool Gil. My question is, What is the crowd watching? it sure isn't Ambrose leaping, except one guy. Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before 347229

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Show us an interesting card that we may not have seen before Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next