Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could afford to collect anything you want.........

+7
hanksta
Square_Frame_Ramly
sabrjay
fisherboy7
ItsOnlyGil
crazylocomerk
scott elkins
11 posters

Go down

If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Empty If you could afford to collect anything you want.........

Post by scott elkins Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:52 pm

Would you change your collecting habits entirely, or would you continue to collect what you are now collecting (only on a much larger scale)?

Personally, I would probably do a combination of the two - I would continue my current collecting goals and would branch out as well.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Empty Re: If you could afford to collect anything you want.........

Post by crazylocomerk Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:12 pm

I think I would change my focus. I would want to collect the entire E107 set, or as close to it as possible.

I would also try to complete a T216 set with Kotton backs and as many as I could from Mino. The Virginia Extra's I think would be near impossible.

Also an E94 and E98 set.

So many things I would do.

So I think I definitely would become a set collector if I had the funds.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Empty Re: If you could afford to collect anything you want.........

Post by ItsOnlyGil Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:33 pm

I would change nothing.
I have a continual, yet not overwhelming, flow of cards which I enjoy.
They require a desireable level of research to identify, select and acquire.
And our Forum provides additional insight to areas which I would otherwise miss.

Thank you all.

righton
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:36 pm

I wouldn't change my course too drastically (yeah right!). I'd continue pursuing rare types and oddballs, but I'd also go after a few cards that would have otherwise been cost prohibitive. First I'd find myself a nice VGish T206 Wagner, and then track down a few N338-1 SF Hess Cali leaguers (the color ones) and 1912 Boston Garters (the suitcase ones - so awesome).

Then I'd sit back with a cold brew and call it a day. drunken
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:47 pm

More money would just mean I could expand my goal to included major leaguers that appear only on as minor leaguers on cards and I could also pursue 19th century players.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Empty I would...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:51 pm

start with the oldest baseball card known and work my was to the 1950's....of course it would cost a ton of $ but we are talking about unlimited funds.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:58 pm

I guess I would get the T206 Minneapolis master set with all back combinations.

Also a W600 Jimmy Collins for framing. I love that "card."

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:15 pm

No change, I'd just buy more - a T231 Fans, the 3 Boston Garter types, and the 19th century types that I can't afford now (Kalamazoo Team cards/cabinets, Four Base Hits, Lone Jack, Yum Yum, Just So, Peck & Snyder, M117 Sporting Times, ...)

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:29 am

E107 Hall of Famers
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:32 am

highest grade possible of what i'm collecting now...ie. sgc96 e94 cobb would be dreamy, NRMT t204 plank...

low grade cards are collectibles...high grades are like works of art.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:18 pm

high grades are like works of art.

...and the unethical members in our hobby are proud of their work. Wink

Not sure but there are only a few cards I would like...206 Wagner would top the list. Then a few mid grade HOF'ers like Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb....and (ahem) a nmt raw 73 Topps set.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100If you could afford to collect anything you want......... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 pm

Lew Lipset can and has had any baseball card which he has wanted. And what does he buy?
Golf cards.
He was miles ahead of you in the 60s.
Is he still ?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down