Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hitter, Fielder or base runner. What one attribute do you

3 posters

Go down

Hitter, Fielder or base runner.  What one attribute do you Empty Hitter, Fielder or base runner. What one attribute do you

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:07 pm

find best describes him?

Ty Cobb

Tris Speaker

Willie Mays
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Hitter, Fielder or base runner.  What one attribute do you Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Hitter, Fielder or base runner.  What one attribute do you Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hitter, Fielder or base runner.  What one attribute do you Empty Re: Hitter, Fielder or base runner. What one attribute do you

Post by terjung Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:48 am

Ty Cobb - Hitter is what comes to mind first with his batting titles and amazing hit totals. A close second behind that would be base runner since they have named a slide after him.

Tris Speaker - I'm going to go with hitter again on this one. This one isn't a close battle in my eyes.

Willie Mays - I'm going to go with fielder on this one. I can't remember a season where somebody hasn't attempted to make a "Willie Mays style basket catch". It was named after him and announcers can't seen to watch anyone making that kind of play without referring to him. Though it almost seems like a shame to bypass his power hitting, I am going to stick with fielder.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Hitter, Fielder or base runner.  What one attribute do you Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Hitter, Fielder or base runner.  What one attribute do you Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Hitter, Fielder or base runner.  What one attribute do you Empty Re: Hitter, Fielder or base runner. What one attribute do you

Post by sabrjay Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Ty Cobb - runner. Greatest base stealer until Henderson with tons of triples and runs scored.

Tris Speaker - fielder. Not sure why. Doubles are the first thing that come to mind when I think of Speaker

Willie Mays
- fielder. The Catch is always the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Mays. The thing about The Catch is that was not the amazing part. It was the throw home.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Hitter, Fielder or base runner.  What one attribute do you Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Hitter, Fielder or base runner.  What one attribute do you Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down