Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter

2 posters

Go down

Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter Empty Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter

Post by fisherboy7 Wed May 07, 2008 2:30 pm

The game was over. Babe, who had made one of his famous drives that day, was tired and wanted to go home. "Not tonight, Babe," I said. "Tonight you go to college with me. You're going to take scientific tests which will reveal your secret."

"Who wants to know it?" asked Babe.

"I want to know it," I replied, "and so do several hundred thousand fans. We want to know why it is that one man has achieved a unique batting skill like yours -- just why you can slam the ball as nobody else in the world can." LINK TO FULL ARTICLE

Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter Babe10
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter Empty Re: Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri May 16, 2008 10:33 pm

So, Babe Ruth was a superb HR hitter because he was a superior athlete.
Gee, I coulda told you that.
But most of the tests focused on hand-eye and hand-ear coordination.
These are tests which women typically outscore men on.
Its a good thing that they do not often have the upper body strength of men.
We'd all be in more trouble than we already are!
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Popular Science: Why Babe Ruth is the Greatest HR Hitter Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down