Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does the market go from here?

5 posters

Go down

where does the card market go?

Where does the market go from here? Vote_lcap0%Where does the market go from here? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Where does the market go from here? Vote_lcap62%Where does the market go from here? Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 8 ]
Where does the market go from here? Vote_lcap31%Where does the market go from here? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Where does the market go from here? Vote_lcap7%Where does the market go from here? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Where does the market go from here? Empty Where does the market go from here?

Post by sabrjay Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:44 am

We've seen the market crash yesterday and today gain back 2/3 of its loss. What are everyone's thoughts on how the card market is going to do?

Personally, I think you are going to start seeing the novice and less fanatical collectors getting out as they will want the money for other things. Die hard collectors will sit on their cards like they did in the early and late 80s when the economy and card markets went south.

I was buying like crazy in the early 80s and was lucky enough to sell off my collection before it bombed around 1991. Doesn't mean I don't wish I had held them instead. Now is definitely a good time buy, but it is also going to be slim picking.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Where does the market go from here? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Where does the market go from here? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Where does the market go from here? Empty Re: Where does the market go from here?

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:18 am

I agree with everything you say Jay.

The card market will continue to go down. Personally I'm going to be sitting on my cards rather then taking a loss on them. I see slim pickings already, and it will only get slimmer.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Where does the market go from here? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Where does the market go from here? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Where does the market go from here? Empty Re: Where does the market go from here?

Post by 3-2-count Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:25 am

My vote was down as well. Not crash, but definitely down.
Great time to buy though......

Tony A.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Where does the market go from here? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Where does the market go from here? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:47 am

Cheaper Cardboard will suit me just fine.

Sometimes when conventual (sp.?) Investments go South, Investors look at collectibles as an Alternative. We may see some new money in the hobby also.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Where does the market go from here? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Where does the market go from here? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:54 am

I think that this might be a time again when the investors get back in to cards so you will see a spike in some areas (always tends to happen when the stack market goes south), but I feel the small time guy is the one that is affected the most and won't have the disposible income to buy as many cards.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Where does the market go from here? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Where does the market go from here? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down