Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with identifying E96 cards

3 posters

Go down

Need help with identifying E96 cards Empty Need help with identifying E96 cards

Post by BigGuy219 Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:59 am

There's a bunch of E96 cards listed on eBay at the moment. Some are of Giants players I'd be keen on adding to my collection. None are graded, which is my preference in buying as I tend to collect cards whose conidtion you can tell is "not so good" from across the room.

That being said ... I've never bought an E96. Heck, I've never seen an E96 in the real world.

Can someone post a scan of the front and back of an E96 so that I can use it as a reference? Also any distinguishing characteristics on reprints.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Need help with identifying E96 cards Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Need help with identifying E96 cards Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Need help with identifying E96 cards Empty Re: Need help with identifying E96 cards

Post by TheBig6 Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:20 am

Good Luck on your E96 Pursuits
Check this link
http://www.oldcardboard.com/e/e1/e096/e96.asp?cardsetID=737
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Need help with identifying E96 cards Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Need help with identifying E96 cards Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Need help with identifying E96 cards Empty Re: Need help with identifying E96 cards

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:49 am

As far as I know, the E96 set was never reprinted on a large scale. I've been collecting the set for a few years and haven't run into many fakes whatsoever. So that's a plus.

The one thing that distinguishes E96's from all other e card sets from the era is the back. It's the only checklist back with red printing. If you see one without the red printing on the back, don't buy it - it's a fake!

Need help with identifying E96 cards E96back

Another distinguishing feature of E96's is that they often have staining from the caramel product they were once packaged with. Other E card sets have staining as well, but E96 seems to be the leader in this regard. This kind of staining isn't easy to replicate, so if you see an E96 with staining, you can be confident that it's the real deal. Here's a stained (and very beat up) example from my collection - high grade collectors, avert your eyes!

Need help with identifying E96 cards E96dooin

One of the great things about the set is how completable it is. Just 30 cards, and no Wagner, Cobb, or Matty to worry about. The cards are pretty cool looking as well. Lots of the players look like they are wearing red lipstick. I think I know the cards on ebay that you refer to and they are fine. I had planned on going for a couple for my set so hopefully we can avoid bidding against each other. Good luck!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Need help with identifying E96 cards Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Need help with identifying E96 cards Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down