Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long since you bought an un-slabbed card?

+10
crazylocomerk
Sixtofan
psacollector
arandy
cmoking
fisherboy7
Square_Frame_Ramly
sabrjay
yawie99
ItsOnlyGil
14 posters

Go down

How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Empty How long since you bought an un-slabbed card?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat May 31, 2008 1:32 pm

I have bought quite a few cards raw this month, but that has become unusual. Most cards which I encounter, even in low grades, are slabbed now.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Empty Re: How long since you bought an un-slabbed card?

Post by yawie99 Sat May 31, 2008 2:39 pm

About 11 hours.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Empty Re: How long since you bought an un-slabbed card?

Post by sabrjay Sat May 31, 2008 3:45 pm

I have about 200 raw ones for sale right now Wink Last raw one I bought was about 2 months ago

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Empty for me...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sat May 31, 2008 3:58 pm

I rarely buy unslabbed cards unless i get a great deal.

3 months ago for me.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat May 31, 2008 4:06 pm

About 90% of my collection is "unslabbed".

The last card I bought (a month ago) was a pr/fr e90-1 Lajoie, no slab! green thing

How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? E90-1_10

Wouldn't it be a bore if we all collected the same way?
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Sat May 31, 2008 5:15 pm

Just won one last night.

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Sat May 31, 2008 5:18 pm

bunny month since last unslabbed purchase.

-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:08 am

I purchased a group of raw cards a few days ago. I have to admit though, even when cards are purchased raw, more often than not, they end up in slabs. Apologies to the card purists.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Empty Raw cards

Post by Sixtofan Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:06 am

Bought a bunch of C46s last night

Sixtofan
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:11 am

It's been about a year for me.....when I was collecting T206's. I bought a Bill Hart (SLer) that would have probably graded a 4, and a Shag Shaughnessy, which turned out to be trimmed, but I couldn't tell. That was it for me.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:14 am

A few Minutes ago

How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Donovan
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:27 am

Nice card Jerry. Not a very easy one from the set either. righton

Tony
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:51 am

Thanks Tony, Your Scarcity chart is coming in Handy.
Thats what the forum is all about, colllectors helping collectors.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:09 pm

I cracked out 3 SGCs last night, and it seems to me that they have changed their sealing philosophy from "tamper evident" to "tamper resistent"; because this effort was far more difficult than it has ever been.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:39 pm

I buy raw very often. I bought a Holmes to Homes from Dave that will be raw 5 seconds after I open the package it comes in. Raw is the way to go. I love being able to pick up my binder full of Washington Times cards and my D304 set and flip through it. What a rush! That is the greatest way to enjoy a set. Dan.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Empty raw cards

Post by Art Tatum Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:51 am

hey1 my first post. I buy some raw cards mostly from people I see post/offer/trade a lot or have reps for just plain being real collectors who love cards!

Smile

Art Tatum
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How long since you bought an un-slabbed card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down