Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cards bought in the 80s & 90s That are cheaper know (Pre WWI

2 posters

Go down

Cards bought in the 80s & 90s That are cheaper know (Pre WWI Empty Cards bought in the 80s & 90s That are cheaper know (Pre WWI

Post by bowlingshoeguy Mon May 21, 2012 2:07 am

I have a few cards I had bought in the 80's that I would be lucky to get the money back out of them that I bought them for.

DS Lloyd Waner VG/EX pd $110
T202 Bresnahan/ McGraw JBB, has stamp on back, pd $50

Any one else have any of these purchases when it wasn't so easy to find Pre WWII cards and there wasn't many dealers (especially in MN) that ad the cards.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Cards bought in the 80s & 90s That are cheaper know (Pre WWI Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Cards bought in the 80s & 90s That are cheaper know (Pre WWI Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Cards bought in the 80s & 90s That are cheaper know (Pre WWI Empty Re: Cards bought in the 80s & 90s That are cheaper know (Pre WWI

Post by Bosox Blair Mon May 21, 2012 3:05 am

Hi Lee,

You picked a couple interesting ones...Diamond Stars have really lost their sparkle Wink in recent years.

Also, the card market has become more and more condition sensitive, so lots of lower-grade stuff might also be worth less today than it was back then. One obnoxious dealer near where I lived used to sit behind his counter with a sneer on his face, and as he inventoried his cards, he would put a small mark on the back of the cards with a marker. Unfortunately, I still have a few cards from him - they remind me of what an idiot he was, and how important condition is and always will be with cards...

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Cards bought in the 80s & 90s That are cheaper know (Pre WWI Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Cards bought in the 80s & 90s That are cheaper know (Pre WWI Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down