Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are

4 posters

Go down

What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Empty What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri May 23, 2008 3:58 pm

progressing; problems, considerations and comprimizes. This is a part of why it is interesting to visit each other's sites.

I feel that it would be an enhancement to our mutual enjoyment if each collector noted with the "new acquisitions" which he chooses to post, the purpose of that acquisition. For example:

Card #11 in my Best 25 set
Bought to flip, got a good price.
Been looking for a card from this set.
Only 519 to go for low grade monster completion.
Bought to get slabbed and consign.
Last card I needed for my Wagner one eye showing type set.
etc.

What do you think?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Empty I like that Gil...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Fri May 23, 2008 4:08 pm

For me, its mostly purchased to flip and make some nice $ on it. Great deals are very,very hard to come by nowadays so if i see a card that i can make 20% profit on then i jump at the chance.

I do have a few cards left in my collection simply because i like the way they look. And those that i have kept are low priced cards. scratch

Two cards i bought in the last month are up for sale/sold. The E107 Leach type 2 i bought a few weeks ago was sold on Ebay and i made a 80% profit. insane banana hump

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Empty Re: What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sat May 24, 2008 5:45 pm

Gee Mark,
I realize that people who buy cards from you could be termed "end users" (or collectors), but your visual representation of your clients does not seem very charitable:

insane banana hump

Gil?
collector
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Empty Ha,Ha...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sat May 24, 2008 8:58 pm

did not mean to state that the person who bought it was crazy or they were getting screwed....i never thought it would sell in 1 day and for the price i listed thats why the crazy smiley. The bananas going at it was just for ha,ha....

the buyer is very happy with the card and he is a very nice guy. He also shared with me that his wife is pregnant with his first child so he figured he better buy now because he is not buying anything but diapers and wipes in 9 months. Razz

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Empty Re: What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are

Post by cccc Sat May 24, 2008 9:14 pm

good job mark...you saw an overlooked lot and took advantage. now try to win that t204 back Wink
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Empty Quan...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Sat May 24, 2008 9:46 pm

Shhhh...between me and you, i will try. OOPS...i forgot, this is a public forum.wave

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed May 28, 2008 1:36 pm

We're all watching!
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What everybody collects is interesting, as is how they are Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down