Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting poll over at SGC

+3
hrbaker
sabrjay
BigGuy219
7 posters

Go down

Interesting poll over at SGC Empty Interesting poll over at SGC

Post by BigGuy219 Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:53 pm

I was checking the pop reports and saw a poll up on the main site. Not sure how long it's been there, but the topic is favorite National venue.
At the time of post Baltimore is out in front at 40.1%, followed by Chicago at 28.3%. Also interesting is that currently Anaheim is outpolling Cleveland.
Not exactly scientific, but nevertheless indicitive of how pleasant the Baltimore venue was and how much Cleveland smells in mid-summer. As for Chicago, all I can say is that it was very nice being outside each night in Baltimore and not hearing a plane land every 30 seconds. Laughing
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Interesting poll over at SGC Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Interesting poll over at SGC Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Interesting poll over at SGC Empty Re: Interesting poll over at SGC

Post by sabrjay Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:53 pm

Baltimore gets lots of votes for being the recent site and the fact that of all those sites there are probably more collectors within driving distance of Baltimore than any other venue.

Personally, I like Chicago because it's the closest to me.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Interesting poll over at SGC Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Interesting poll over at SGC Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hrbaker Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:11 am

Baltimore was ok but the hotel was the first place I have ever stayed where I had someone shot on my floor or even in the same hotel for that matter. I'd go for Chicago over Baltimore any time but both are fine.
hrbaker
hrbaker
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Interesting poll over at SGC Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Interesting poll over at SGC Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:25 am

Not sure if that's worse than when I was in Singapore and the hotel next door got bombed and almost leveled.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Interesting poll over at SGC Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Interesting poll over at SGC Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 am

That might make it tough to get to sleep.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Interesting poll over at SGC Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Interesting poll over at SGC Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:04 am

my favorite was probably chicago or ac...i'll pass on cleveland (like lebron) and not sure about baltimore.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Interesting poll over at SGC Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Interesting poll over at SGC Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Comisky Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:13 am

I vote San Diego mainly because it's where I live. But also because we have an incredible convention center, a ton of hotels, and a bunch of hotel accommodations in our beautiful and revitalized downtown. Seriously though, San Diego has a little bit of everything with incredible weather and a place for your families to enjoy. I mean, I know Baltimore is a lot of fun for families, but we have the world famous zoo, seaworld, Coronado, and a bunch of incredible beaches!

Ok, enough pitching because I know it will most likely never make it here

Jeff
Comisky
Comisky
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Interesting poll over at SGC Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Interesting poll over at SGC Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:38 am

At Seaworld they imprison the whales, it's too windy in the windy city, and Baltimore crabs don't have much meat on them compared to New England lobster. That's why the convention should be held in Boston every year.

(in spite of the fac that I live in Boston, this post is in no way motivated by self-interest. Just want you guys to know that). Razz
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Interesting poll over at SGC Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Interesting poll over at SGC Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:14 pm

You know, given that Boston has maintained the Shriner's show for so long, and is such a strong sports town it really surprises me it hasn't gotten more consideration than it has. Major airport. Ton of hotels. Lots of activities.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
Interesting poll over at SGC Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Interesting poll over at SGC Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewish-collector Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:38 pm

The Baltimore venue is only a little over an hour away, so I don't need a hotel. However, I am one of the few who really likes Cleveland, because the logistics are easier for me. Parking is really easy & steps away from the convention center plus it's less expensive ($8) than the other cities. I hate fooling with those parking garages. frustrated I also happen to enjoy the downtown area, which has a really great music venue (ie The House of Blues). bananarama

Alan

Jewish-collector
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down