Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Lots in REA

5 posters

Go down

Interesting Lots in REA Empty Interesting Lots in REA

Post by TheBig6 Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:36 pm

I find the 6 Promotional M101-5 Sucessfull Farming Cards to be an exceptional find
All the SF backs I have had or seen were commons and real beaters.
The Player mix and grades make this find special.

The Boston Garter Collins is great looking card, not sure I've ever seen that one before

What are some of the lots you find interesting?
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Interesting Lots in REA Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Interesting Lots in REA Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Interesting Lots in REA Empty Re: Interesting Lots in REA

Post by jbonie Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Nacionales cards.
Hess Keefe.
The 1860's-70's CDV's.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Interesting Lots in REA Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Interesting Lots in REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:38 pm

I find the 6 Promotional M101-5 Sucessfull Farming Cards to be an exceptional find
All the SF backs I have had or seen were commons and real beaters.
The Player mix and grades make this find special.

Amen, Jerry. I was slobbering all over my keyboard and monitor when I first saw those. It was great fun going back and forth with Rob as the six were assembled. You also are right about the condition of those and the usual Successful Farming cards--it's rare to see one even reach vg-ex and here these just sparkle. I was selfishly hoping that they would be offered individually so that I might save up and make a play on the one common, but I'd probably be heartbroken in the end anyway, so this saves me the anguish.

I've got bids on more than a dozen lots, most of which would not surprise anyone who knows what I collect. Smile I do admire the near set of Herpolsheimers, which would be even more near if Rob hadn't carved out a handful of HOFers and the Stanage card. That is the only way an m101 set other than Sporting News or Famous & Barr can be compiled IMO--the family handing it down all these years. Even then and with only six or so cards needed, it could take years to complete--I know the consignor expressed some exasperation in being so close but so far.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Interesting Lots in REA Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Interesting Lots in REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Good Luck guys on your bids

Todd, I thought the same thing, about the Herps. What a shame to break up this near set.
Maybe who evers wins the near set can snag the others and eventually complete it.
Without the Stanage it would be close to impossible, I would think.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Interesting Lots in REA Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Interesting Lots in REA Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:28 am

I don't know how they can call that Ty Cobb tobacco tin in mint condition - look at all the markings on the lid and the scratches near the letters on the front. That is one generous description. Great tin, don't get me wrong - it is the mother of all tins - is there a more expensive tin out there? But I can't call it mint condition.

Whoever wins that tin will be the envy of all tin collectors worldwide. Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Interesting Lots in REA Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Interesting Lots in REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Lots to me like Lou has a runny nose. I'm looking for this card in about this grade, but not looking like he has a snotty nose like a kid.

1934 Gehrig
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Interesting Lots in REA Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Interesting Lots in REA Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:16 pm

That reminds me of the Cap Anson with the barbell running through his head:

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=21693

It wasn't a big a year for REA this year. Maybe people aren't selling great stuff because the economy is better. But there are no RC Lowdermilk's, K-Bats O'Rourke's and Brouthers, or Cobb/Cobb backs... just your run of the mill T206's Plank's, Magie's and the usual Wags, some low grade OJ's, your couple of 69 Redstockings... most of it is so routine.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:14 am

I agree. There is nothing REA, especially in my price range that says "I gotta have it." Dropped some tracker bids on some lots and if I can get them cheap, great. If not, I'll just be looking at Goodwin and other auctions for the next addition to the Gang of 10.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Interesting Lots in REA Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Interesting Lots in REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:15 am

I take that back, the t206 Doyle variation is impressive, you are right, there isn't the depth this year that has been in the past.

I'm just hoping that my lots I have in there will do well.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:42 pm

After finally being able to look at every lot the ones that interest me the most are actually football related. Odd since I despise football as a sport.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:02 pm

Rea is not that interesting this year. Thats funny...no rc loudy's...huh huh!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Interesting Lots in REA Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Interesting Lots in REA Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 am

sabrjay wrote:After finally being able to look at every lot the ones that interest me the most are actually football related. Odd since I despise football as a sport.

Ironically, I am also most likely to buy a low-priced football-related lot. However, it is not for me, it would be a gift for my father.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down