Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of Cards from Auction Houses

+3
Gary!
3-2-count
TheBig6
7 posters

Go down

Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Empty Lots of Cards from Auction Houses

Post by TheBig6 Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:09 pm

For one reason or another, One aspect of the Hobby that I have never pursued is buying large raw/graded lots of cards from Auction houses. This is probally a reason that I have never been a set collector. it's hard (For me) to be a set collector especially on 100+ card sets buying one card at a time, I would think if I could pick up a large lot of one issue would give me a impetus to get started.

Also is it still possible to buy these lots cheap enough to sell some and make a nice profit and end up with some of the cards for free, or has the competition become to fierce.

Just wondering if I should look at this ave. in the future.

What are your experiences at buying lots from auction houses.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Empty Re: Lots of Cards from Auction Houses

Post by 3-2-count Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:07 am

Hi Jerry -
I still think there are great deals to be found in auction's when partial sets are being sold as one lot.
Whether it be raw or graded, it can be a great way to speed up set collecting at a cheaper price.
I just recently partnered with a couple forum members in two seperate auctions that had groupings
of E90-1's. The final sell price on both lots was below our maximum bid and we all came away with
some beautiful cards.
Definitely keep your eye out for auctions like this. It can be really worth it IMO.

Tony
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary! Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:17 am

I've bought several lots over the years. I enjoy getting a big lot and picking through it. Keep what I want and trade/sell the rest. Always been fun.
Gary!
Gary!
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:20 am

Excellent way to get good value on a lot of cards. The only thing holding many back from buying this way is the large chunk of $ usually required up front to make such a purchase. But when you partner up with forum members and split the lot up, it makes it a fun and affordable way to pick up some nice cards. Usually when you buy in bulk it's much easier to get your money back and more when reselling (personally I don't buy for resale, but it's nice to know you can get back what you paid). I was mulling that strategy over on a few REA lots, might be a nice idea to partner up with some Full Count members on a lot or two!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:19 am

I have always wanted to buy a big lot, but never have enough cash on hand to do such a thing. I always figured you could keep what you wanted and sell off the rest. I did that quite a bit with smaller lots on ebay.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:25 am

Some interesting Lots in the upcoming Mastro Auctions.

Last edited by crazylocomerk on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:13 am

You are going to have a hard time getting people to talk prices about lots in current auctions, especially from knowledgable collectors that are interested in the lot. No one wants to tip their hand as what tehy might be bidding for a lot.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Lots of Cards from Auction Houses Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down