Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling

5 posters

Go down

Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Empty Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling

Post by sabrjay Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:48 pm

I'll tell the whole story here:

For those that have never heard of EverQuest, it was the first MMO (massively multiple online) game. Basically Dungeon & Dragons with other people from around the world.

I built my first non-Apple computer because EverQuest (known as EQ) was never going to be made for Apple. I got EQ the day it came out. When I started playing, I was a wizard. Being a bit on the soft side I made friends with a monk, Scythehands, to go around killings stuff with.

After few months we got talking baseball. I asked who his favorite team was and he said Arizona. I said, no one is a D-back fan unless they live there. He said he lived in NJ. I asked why was a D-Back fan. He said that he played for them. I asked what minor league team and he laughed. He said he hadn't been in the minors for 10 years. I then asked him who he was. He said Curt Schilling. Being the smartass I am, I said no way. If you really are, then leave me tickets the next time you come to SF. We exchanged some personal info and sure enough, the next time they came to town, there were tickets waiting for me and my son.

Curt has an impressive collection of Gehrig stuff. I ended up selling him all the Gehrig photos I had, mostly Conlon, Burke and some wirephotos.

Here's a couple scans of the photos I sold
Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling G2
Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling G4

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Empty Re: Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling

Post by phlflyer1 Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:44 pm

I got a chance to chat briefly with Schill a couple of times at Phillies charity functions and he is a very personable and fan friendly guy. I know he is a pretty big collector as far as war and other historic items.

He is a guy that most either love or hate but regardless of what you think of him his record as one of the best "big game" pitchers during his era is undeniable.

phlflyer1
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Empty Re: Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 pm

The thought Schilling the monk and sabrjay the wizard, up late at night battling away on EverQuest, really cracks me up.

Great story laughing

Cool of him to actually leave you the tix.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by arandy Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Did you ever kill him Jay?(in everquest?) Very Happy

-Randy
arandy
arandy
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:35 pm

I never got into the pvp end of the game. I did work on my hand to hand combat with him and I could take out any class except monk in a naked hand to hand fight. It was hilarious seeing people's ractions when a wizard would kick the ass of a warrior or a shadowknight Shocked I got the nickname Wiztank cuz I was such a good melee fighter and always drew agro too soon Laughing

I had a blast when Kunark came out becuase they goofed and made a 1h sword wizard equipable for wizards. It was a rare drop and might have been the first person on the server with it. It was fun until they nerfed and removed the wizard from the equip list

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by slidekellyslide Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:23 pm

You know it's funny....a guy that used to work for my wife when she was in residential management was always working on some board game he was 'inventing' instead of doing the work he was supposed to be doing...he and I got to talking one day and he said he was making the game for Curt Schilling's company. He told me that he talks with Schilling all the time... I didn't really believe him until I read on the internet that Schilling did indeed own a gaming company.
slidekellyslide
slidekellyslide
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Repost request: How I got to know Curt Schilling Right_bar_bleue

http://www.freewebs.com/nebraskadiamonds/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down