Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a small request

5 posters

Go down

just a small request Empty just a small request

Post by t206head Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:26 am

can some one please post a printable checklist for t212 obak 175 subjects or point me in the right direction thank you BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
just a small request Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100just a small request Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

just a small request Empty Re: just a small request

Post by terjung Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:05 am

Here is a link for T212 Obak 175 Subjects
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
just a small request Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100just a small request Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

just a small request Empty Correct Obak checklist

Post by oaks1912 Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm

The link above is for an erroneous checklist. You'd think that if one is going to plagiarize another's work nono , they would at least verify the card(s) exist. Link below is to the Vintage Cardboard checklist, which is correct..... Mark................ http://www.vintagecardboard.com/ref_obk10.htm

oaks1912
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
just a small request Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100just a small request Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:02 am

How exactly is providing a link to someone who asks for one "plagiarizing another's work"? I never claimed that the list was my own and was simply trying to assist my fellow collector. Apparently, in trying to point him in the right direction, I ended up pointing him in the wrong one. On his behalf, if your link points him in to a more accurate list, then thank you. In the future, however, a little more gentle approach would be appreciated ... and would also serve to keep this board the pleasure that it is to read.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
just a small request Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100just a small request Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:32 am

Hey Brian, I think Mark may have been referring to VCP (and not you) in his comments above. yes
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
just a small request Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100just a small request Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by oaks1912 Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:35 am

Ben is right... My gripe is with a 'professional' service that is charging a user fee utilizing data that they obtained from an uncredited source, which happens to contain an error. Anyone who has collecting the 1910 Obak series, or has seriously researched the set will spot the error inside a minute. I don't spend much time on THAT particular site, so maybe they have properly credited Krause / Lipset. They certainly did not create the checklist or they, too, would have caught the error. Embarassed

oaks1912
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
just a small request Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100just a small request Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Potomac Yank Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:51 am

Hello Brian,

I agree with Ben, Mark was referring to VCP.
And I see that Mark just verified that.

Stay well. Smile
Joe

Potomac Yank
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:25 am

well boys all I can say is thank you so thank you BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
just a small request Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100just a small request Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:34 am

Fair enough. I misconstrued your response. I actually do enjoy the VCP website, but use it more for price history and for sneeking a peak at what certain rare cards & sets look like. I guess this serves as a fair warning not to use it as a checklist for different backed cards.
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down