Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eBays new search

3 posters

Go down

eBays new search Empty eBays new search

Post by sabrjay Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:46 am

Does anyone else hate the new search results you get from eBay? From what I can tell, you can no longer narrow the search to cards from 1930-39, pre-1930, etc. Instead, you get to choose between the major sports, real or reprint, and number of other options that I really could care less about.

In general, finding those nuggets in the wrong catagory have gotten much tougher now. For me, this a case where newer is deinitely not better.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
eBays new search Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100eBays new search Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

eBays new search Empty Re: eBays new search

Post by jmk59 Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:09 am

I've heard of this recently, but don't know if I understand it. There is still a pre-1930's Singles category, and then I just search within that (plus a few other categories for other kinds of vintage). But I don't see where people are running into the new search constraints.

Of course, this may explain why I never seem to be able to run across the cards so many others do if I've been doing the searches wrong, or too few, or too narrow, or whatever.

J
jmk59
jmk59
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
eBays new search Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100eBays new search Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:26 am

The only way you have a chance of finding those gems that are in the wrong catagory are to start your search at the very begining without any catagory limits. For whatever reason, the new search set up does not allow you go to specific catagories ones you've entered your initial parameters.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jmk59 Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:11 am

Oh - OK. I only have one search that I do from the very start of ebay with no categories, and it only returns about 2 hits a year (and both trimmed so far). So I never try to get that one down to categories and wouldn't realize the change.

It does explain some things about how I never seem to stumble across the great cards tucked away in the lawnmower category!

Joann
jmk59
jmk59
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
eBays new search Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100eBays new search Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:48 pm

I may not be getting the same new search results format as you, but if you scroll down further on the page, you will notice that you can still narrow down with the same criteria you could before. I'm still getting used to it too and sometimes I get a completely new looking format that I do not like at all. I just don't get that format everytime yet. Are they trying it out an just a few searches a day or what?

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
eBays new search Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100eBays new search Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:45 pm

I'm begining to suspect they are tracking what you search for and then using that data to make assumptions about what you are searching for. No matter what I enter for search parameters, therealmost always seems to be something baseball related to filter the non-baseball stuff.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content