Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat-down search at a UCONN game.

+3
jbonie
crazylocomerk
Square_Frame_Ramly
7 posters

Go down

Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Empty Pat-down search at a UCONN game.

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Went to watch a UCONN football game this past weekend. Sold-out and lines to get in were long, and as i was looking to see what the holdup was i finally got near the entrance gate and low and behold the stadium security staff were doing a pat-down search of every single person. (Men, Woman, kids) And i mean there were only 3 staff doing this. Then behind them were staff taking tickets. I don't go to a whole lot of games so this was a shock to me. Is this the norm all over USA?

When i say pat-down i mean a really intrusive one, i can just imagine what some parents thought of a 40 year old guy patting down their 3 year old.
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Empty Re: Pat-down search at a UCONN game.

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Pat downs are the norm at most sporting events and concerts. But patting down a 3 year old is a new one to me.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:44 pm

Yeah, seen it with my own eyes. A 3 year old boy had to hold out his arms and the staff padded his coat, hood, legs and arms. I know they look for weapons but I bet the main thing people try to smuggle in is cans of beer. They sell a 12oz plastic beer can for $9 at the concession stand and don't want to lose money on fans bringing in their own brew.
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Have you read about the new T-shirts being printed over the airline security checking groinal areas that read, "My Junk is Da Bomb?"

scratch
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:45 am

can't go anywhere to relax these days. i'm just gonna hunker down in the basement with my family, our 2 dogs...the shotgun and 9mm sucking on battery acid waiting for armageddon.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:59 am

cccc wrote:can't go anywhere to relax these days. i'm just gonna hunker down in the basement with my family, our 2 dogs...the shotgun and 9mm sucking on battery acid waiting for armageddon.

shooting machine
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:15 pm

cccc wrote:can't go anywhere to relax these days. i'm just gonna hunker down in the basement with my family, our 2 dogs...the shotgun and 9mm sucking on battery acid waiting for armageddon.

I didn't think there were basements in California. confused

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Has TSA taken over security at ballgames? The turn and cough method of screening is going into full effect tonight as the Heat visit Cleveland.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:51 pm

pariah1107 wrote:Has TSA taken over security at ballgames? The turn and cough method of screening is going into full effect tonight as the Heat visit Cleveland.

Yeah, Lebron will need a full body cavity search.
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:01 pm

jbonie wrote:Have you read about the new T-shirts being printed over the airline security checking groinal areas that read, "My Junk is Da Bomb?"

scratch

I would stay away from anything on a shirt saying "BOMB" when boarding a plane. nono
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:03 pm

pro9 wrote:

I didn't think there were basements in California. confused

i consider the ditch i dug in the backyard a basement...
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyHarmonica Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Maybe they had something happen that made them beef up security. I went to a Pats game earlier this year and they didn't even pat me down. At least they sell beer in CT, last year I went to a Gophers game to see the new stadium in minneapolis and it is illegal to have alcohol in the stadium.
JohnnyHarmonica
JohnnyHarmonica
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pat-down search at a UCONN game. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down