Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eBays new fees and feedback

+2
Square_Frame_Ramly
sabrjay
6 posters

Go down

eBays new fees and feedback Empty eBays new fees and feedback

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:37 am

Not sure if anyone else has seen this yet. eBay says they are lowing insertion fees and making gallery free. This is good news. The bad news comes in the form of what they are doing with feedback. The worst being that as a seller, you can only leave positive feedback. What kind of messed up idea is that? There are buyers that are scam artists, just as there are scam artist sellers. Another bad thing is more protection for Powersellers. As if they don't protect them from everything already. What else can they protect them from?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
eBays new fees and feedback Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100eBays new fees and feedback Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

eBays new fees and feedback Empty Re: eBays new fees and feedback

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:43 am

Holy crap, just looked at the details of the new fee structure. You save a nickle on the insertion fee at every level. BFD!!! What is really jaw dropping is the Final Value percentage has gone up from 5.25% to a whpping 8.75%. Yeah, thanks for that nickle were saving and free gallery. What else do we get for all these higher fees?

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
eBays new fees and feedback Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100eBays new fees and feedback Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

eBays new fees and feedback Empty thats correct...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:49 am

that is what they call the "Back Door fee"....you pay a little to list, then in comes the Back door fee when you sell so bend over Mad

Its a big joke, makes me want to use B/S/T more and stay away from Ebay. The thing that gets me is sellers will just tack on the fee in shipping cost. Next will be a increase in paypal fees. Mark my words, paypal fee will soon be 5-6%.

They need to keep shareholders happy frustrated
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
eBays new fees and feedback Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100eBays new fees and feedback Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:52 am

Snippets from the Powerseller update:

PowerSeller Rewards & Standards

We're taking steps to give new meaning to PowerSeller status on eBay.
Starting July, a score of 4.5 or more on all DSRs (based on the last 12
months) will be required for membership in the PowerSeller program.

Feedback Changes

The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest,
accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service
includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our
sellers.

• Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
  • Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)
  • Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.
  • When
    a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative
    or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.

• When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.
  • Buyers
    must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for
    sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.

• All
    Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of
    listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.

• Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by mvaughn Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:07 am

ben dover!

Stock has been hit you would think that they would figure that less rape = more transactions = more $
Why can't someone come up with a better mouse trap? Google is my hope... if they raise pp fees I am going to have to take checks it is out of control or as GWEN says bananarama 's
mvaughn
mvaughn
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
eBays new fees and feedback Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100eBays new fees and feedback Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by JK2 Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:54 pm

I believe this will simply lead to more items being listed with high BINs and best offers. Sellers will "collect" offers and then, before accepting an offer, will take the deal off ebay to avoid the fees.

I also think that the feedback changes are terrible. Why can ebay not simply come up with a mechanism for removing retaliatory negatives? Most of my feedback is as a buyer. However, its nice to have 250+ transactions without a negative so that when I sell, my auctions arent viewed with suspicion or ignored by bidders who refuse to bid with low feedback sellers. Take away any meaningful buyer feedback, and smaller sellers are the ones who suffer.
JK2
JK2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
eBays new fees and feedback Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100eBays new fees and feedback Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:10 pm

Those final sale fees are absolutely rediculous. I don't think I'll be selling on there anymore. Almost 9%! Are you kidding me? For high dollar cards, you might as well use an auction house.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
eBays new fees and feedback Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100eBays new fees and feedback Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:30 pm

I agree with Eric and others. The great thing about an auction house is that you don't have to do the work yourself as well! Plus, you get Zero % Seller's fees these days (which you are only losing out on the amount of Buyer's Premium, but the auction house has to make money to pay its bills).

One great thing that might come from these higher fees for us is that we might see more and more sales on the B/S/T pages! I would love that - those deals are always smooth. And, where almost everyone here knows everyone, it is VERY SAFE as well.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
eBays new fees and feedback Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100eBays new fees and feedback Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down