Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REA opinions and thoughts

+3
cccc
ullmandds
sabrjay
7 posters

Go down

REA opinions and thoughts Empty REA opinions and thoughts

Post by sabrjay Sun May 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Now that the craziness over, what are everyone's thoughts on final prices?

Shockers for me, the seeming low prices that the t207 Red Cross Lowdy and Boston Garter panel went for. The stupid prices paid for t206 printer scrap, especially the Doolin.

I was happy to see the BN Ruth sell for more than the Wagner. I'm thinking that the BN Ruth may be the new king of the hobby.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

REA opinions and thoughts Empty Re: REA opinions and thoughts

Post by ullmandds Sun May 19, 2013 3:21 pm

REA gave me a bad hangover! scratch
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun May 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Did you make any drunken bids that won?
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun May 19, 2013 5:37 pm

generally i thought prices went for higher than last year on same stuff. saw a few deals also.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Sun May 19, 2013 7:46 pm

The T209 album sold for $25,000. Not too shabby.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun May 19, 2013 8:09 pm

I wanted the N172 McPhee PSA 2 but was never really in the running cause I'm more or less out of cash.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Sun May 19, 2013 9:33 pm

I haven't closely reviewed all the ending prices, but from where I was sitting some pretty strong prices were achieved in general.

I put marker bids on about 20 lots. When I got back into the auction (about 90 minutes before it closed), I thought 18 of those lots were already too expensive.

So I bid on the other couple and walked away with those.

Most happy about this rare bird:

REA opinions and thoughts Old_ju10
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Mon May 20, 2013 2:46 am

Hmmm...obviously I was disappointed with the results of my auctions...general observations...m101-6 cobb went fairly cheap, a vg-ex goudey lajoie sells less than an A?!?!?! Red Hindu WAJO...SGC 55 went cheap...miscut t206 insane price...Mantle rookie was insane...high grade ruth goudeys...crazy prices!!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Fri May 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Congrats, Blair, that is a cool card - gotta hand it to anyone who is interested in OJ's. The image is not bad for an 1890 card, which tend to come faded.

About the Boston Garter panel... I have little appreciation... have no idea why it is in the price range it is in and not the 10-15k range. There's certainly much nicer stuff you can get in that price range.

I've been tempted to bid on the E107's in Legendary, but don't think it's going to happen. They look great without all the condition problems, but the photos are still a little grainy... does anyone else notice that?
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat May 25, 2013 3:21 pm

E107's have kinda lost their luster to me...due to the huge influx of them to the market lately...kinda reminds me of the t208's that flooded the market(that I got bitten on as well by the way!!!!) a few years ago...their values dropped dramatically since then.

I wonder if e107 values will suffer a similar...but less dramatic fate?!

Considering any Boston Garter color card is worth 10-20K...the value of Bruce's "sheet" didn't surprise me in the least.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat May 25, 2013 7:28 pm

in any auction this size there will be lots that go both ways, a bit more than expected and a bit less than expected.

The BN Ruth is not the new king of the hobby for 2 main reasons. There are 6 or 7 Wags for every Ruth and you can buy a Wags a few times a year and that is not the case with the BN Ruth. Can not be compared equally.

Another point is you can ask just about any one and they have heard of the Wags and that is not the same for the Ruth.

REA is always a pleasure because it runs so smooth. Consignments and winnings are taken care of at a rapid pace. Its very nice to get whats coming to me so fast thanks Rob... bow

Watch out Robbie, Sterling is coming on strong and following closely in your footsteps... Cool Very Happy

Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun May 26, 2013 12:42 am

Jim Rivera cfc1909 wrote:
The BN Ruth is not the new king of the hobby for 2 main reasons. There are 6 or 7 Wags for every Ruth and you can buy a Wags a few times a year and that is not the case with the BN Ruth. Can not be compared equally.

Another point is you can ask just about any one and they have heard of the Wags and that is not the same for the Ruth.

Jim, I agree, the Wags to me is still a higher profile card. Even if you were to judge it just based on sale price, I wouldn't use one auction result as a definite measure. But since there are 7 times as many Wags, you could say that a lot more money is invested into the T206 Wagner than the BN Ruth. So I think you're correct.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun May 26, 2013 12:45 am

ullmandds wrote:E107's have kinda lost their luster to me...due to the huge influx of them to the market lately...kinda reminds me of the t208's that flooded the market(that I got bitten on as well by the way!!!!) a few years ago...their values dropped dramatically since then.

I wonder if e107 values will suffer a similar...but less dramatic fate?!

Mmmm... I kind of think that E107's are a different beast. I used to not like E107's because of all the condition problems. But the Sullivan Collection has mid-grade cards, and you can see why they are so stunning.

Yes, prices are down a bit on E107's with all the cards flooding the market, but they are so rare that ultimately that supply will get sopped up and within a few years they should be going strong again. I think they are a lot more unique than T208's.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun May 26, 2013 12:49 am

no doubt e107 is more unique than t208...it was the first baseball set of it's physical size and magnitude...there is no comparison...the the t208 is all about the back...e107 is all about the front!!!

I agree the recent ones are gorgeous...it's a rare opportunity to pick up some nice ones...before as u say they will be gone! I'd like to own some to add to the 2 beaters I have!!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun May 26, 2013 12:50 am

dammit...no ones around tonight...I wish we could meet for DRINK!!!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun May 26, 2013 1:27 am

Mona and I are always around
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun May 26, 2013 2:01 am

Youre so...far...away!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sun May 26, 2013 2:18 pm

well, it's like we live in Alexandria Razz
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sun May 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Now thats far!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed May 29, 2013 8:59 pm

sinead o'connor says it best about the t206 wagner....NOTHING COMPARES.

E107s is a collective beast, but it's gotta be wagner or matty or big ed or the primo hof'ers. i don't want a crappy sgc10 common no name that's been forgotten. go big or go home!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
REA opinions and thoughts Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100REA opinions and thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu May 30, 2013 1:06 am

Hey...i have 2 crappy sgc 10 e 107 commons?!?!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu May 30, 2013 11:39 am

cccc wrote:
E107s is a collective beast, but it's gotta be wagner or matty or big ed or the primo hof'ers. i don't want a crappy sgc10 common no name that's been forgotten. go big or go home!

agreed... though I was tempted to bid on the McGuire last night. Maybe he is less of a common than a semi-star. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it! In spite of the low prices, I just did not want it that badly.

That Chesbro was pretty cool! Went for cheap, imo...
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down