Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I get my cards graded?

4 posters

Go down

Should I get my cards graded? Empty Should I get my cards graded?

Post by Theo_450 Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 am

If my intention is to sell them, should I get cards from 1910 - 1915 graded/authenticated? They are in varying degrees of condition, with a fair number of HOFers. I am thinking it would cost a pretty penny to get them all graded. It is worth it?
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Should I get my cards graded? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Should I get my cards graded? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Should I get my cards graded? Empty Re: Should I get my cards graded?

Post by jbonie Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:58 am

Low-mid grade, go with SGC. It is cheaper, you don't have to become a member, the prices you draw for the cards are the same as PSA, and you will have more bidders than ungraded.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Should I get my cards graded? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Should I get my cards graded? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:43 am

show some scans, we'll have a better grasp value-wise. seems like you have some pretty nice cards. anything above a GOOD card should be graded.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Should I get my cards graded? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Should I get my cards graded? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:08 am

cccc wrote:show some scans, we'll have a better grasp value-wise. seems like you have some pretty nice cards. anything above a GOOD card should be graded.

Thanks for the input, I'll get some scans up tomorrow. Some of the cards are pretty rough, complete with caramel on the back. But if those rough cards are HOFers, should I get them graded too?

Gotta sleep for a bit.
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Should I get my cards graded? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Should I get my cards graded? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:56 am

Yeah because they will just sell better if they are authenticated.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Should I get my cards graded? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Should I get my cards graded? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 pm

If u have high buck cards like cj wags, plank, cobb...among other caramel hof'ers...you'll definitely want to get them graded...which most auction houses will facilitate for you...some of the commons may not be as critical...but...with the mania over t206 these days...you'll probably want to grade most of those as well.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Should I get my cards graded? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Should I get my cards graded? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down