Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is.

+15
macbruce11
Comisky
sabrjay
TheBig6
glenv
scott elkins
hanksta
Square_Frame_Ramly
Jacklitsch
cccc
Bicem
JK2
yawie99
asphaltman76
fisherboy7
19 posters

Go down

What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Empty What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is.

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:35 pm

What attainable card is #1 on your want/wishlist? How long have you been looking for it, and have you come close to attaining it in the past?

For me, it was a Ramly Plank for a while, but now that I've landed one, my #1 wanted card (that I could realistically attain) is any example from the N321 SF Hess set. I once owned an example with the bottom ad trimmed off, but I'd really like to find a full sized one someday. I just love the design and color of those cards.

Second place is a E97 Keeler.

And you?

What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Hess210
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Empty Re: What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is.

Post by asphaltman76 Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:52 pm

I didnt' think mine would be that hard...just wanting presentable low grade examples of D322, D310 and D311. frustrated
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Empty Re: What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is.

Post by yawie99 Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:54 pm

I don't know if it's realistic or not - I'd probably have to part with a decent chunk of my collection to make it happen and fend off what I suspect would be stiff competition for the card - but I'd say a Tip Top Wagner.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by JK2 Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:54 pm

E94 Cobb, Wagner or Young w/ purple background.
JK2
JK2
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:57 pm

E107 Poole - I love this card! I think it's both funny and e107 is by far my favorite set.

What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. 3k

(scan stolen from the Jacklitsch collection of stolen scans)
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:00 pm

That IS a funny looking card, Jeff Laughing

Looks like Poole decided to sit on the footstool instead of a regular chair when posing for the photo!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:05 pm

I can only imagine his reaction when seeing his baseball card. I'm sure he was like WTF?! scratch
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:08 pm

wow you guys' standards are low! and very attainable...i'd like to score a w600 wagner/plank street clothes! that would be awesome...or a vg blue croft cobb if it's out there somewhere. those are somewhat realistic...unrealistically i'd like an e107 matty someday, my new grail!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacklitsch Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Thank you Jeff flaglol

Now, back to the question at hand. Realistically? Tough question. The obvious choice would be the 1911 Bohen Zeenut. Realistic? No. Maybe the 1911 Halla Zeenut? Yes, but there is just one card that would complete a set that I've been working on for more than ten years and that's the 1906 Sporting Life Detroit Postcard. So I'll go with that one.

Edit to annouce my new Avatar. e107 Jacklitsch. (From the Jacklitsch Gallery of stolen scans) Wink

Last edited by Jacklitsch on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jacklitsch
Jacklitsch
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Empty For me...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:39 pm

Its a different T204 Square frame than i have now, i would take another Dineen if it were up for sale. The prices are crazy for a low grade and the fact that they don't come up for sale often makes it even harder.

There is a 75% chance i may be selling my Square frame Dineen in the next few months if this certain collector who wants it makes me an offer i can't refuse!!! cheers

Then i can pursue a better grade Square Frame or another set all together.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:54 pm

For me...a 1921 Zeenut Gavvy Cravath. I saw one last year and responed about 10 minutes behind the other guy. Now he wants a lot more money for it... Crying or Very sad

I will keep looking!

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:40 pm

Quan - I have seen a few Blue Croft's Candy Cobbs out there - even a RED one!

As for my favorite card of all-time, I bought it last year. I had wanted it for more than 15 years and thanks to a good friend, I picked up the Uzit Cobb Bat Off.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Finding a Texas Tommy Type 2 would be nice! (Even nicer if I had enough money at the time...)

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:41 pm

attainable mid-grade e90-1 Young or lajoie
semi-Attainable mid-grade E98 Mack
pipe dream another n173 Hofer
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Realistic - any Joe Jackson card
semi-realistc: J=K Cany Bedient (need to land comperable J=K Candy to trade for it)
almost out of the question: Tarzan Bread Hoggset

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Empty Attainable

Post by Comisky Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:46 pm

I think I would like to get a low grade T206 Plank within the next few years. Preferably a PSA 1 or SGC equivelant. Other than that I think a M101-4/5 Ruth would be nice as well!

Jeff W.
Comisky
Comisky
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by macbruce11 Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:20 pm

E107 HOFer

E94 Cobb and Wagner to finish my set.

Nice Ruth rookie - but my wife wants an additon on the house so this won't likely happen.

macbruce11
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jmk59 Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:31 am

Probably a T227 Cobb in a 3 or so. After that either an E95 or T206 Green Cobb.

Joann
jmk59
jmk59
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:43 am

Mine is modest but have never been able to pick one up. A Cracker Jack Fred Clarke sitting on his bat.

I always had the N29 Ryan on my list finally picked one up and 2 weeks later got an N43 Ryan. Always thought that flower was curious for a baseball player.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:23 am

For me it would be a T216 Wagner, T216 Mathewson, and a T216 Speaker.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:52 pm

Realism puts a seemingly impractical twist on my perspective.
I continue to have hope eventhough that has been fruitless in the past.
My problem is the n162 Anson, clearly an acquisition of merit (to me), because it is required for my 1884 Chicago NL players compilation.
Where the problem lies is that it is priced at a level which I seldom have sufficient funds available in my collectibles budget.
And when I do, invariably my choice has been to obtain a coin.
So forget it.
My next most desired card for that grouping is the n28 Kelly, which in order to go with the Clarkson will be a vg (well within my card price range ....... well, not "well", but well enuff).
So, there it is: an n28 Kelly - possibly within 3 mos.
I wonder if having obtained that one, whether the n162 will become a sufficient priority for me.

Gil
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What's the #1 card on your wantlist? Realistically that is. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down