Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us the #1 card in your collection

+20
vwtdi
TheRiddler
slidekellyslide
cmoking
mwieder
Square_Frame_Ramly
Jim Rivera cfc1909
hrbaker
hanksta
bowlingshoeguy
3-2-count
terjung
crazylocomerk
v117collector
sabrjay
fisherboy7
TheBig6
psacollector
zouraspm
the-illini
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Show us the #1 card in your collection

Post by TheRiddler Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:15 pm

fisherboy7 wrote:Chris, that's one heck of a Yum Yum Welch. I've also wondered about the stuff on the right side of the card. Might be removed relatively easily? No idea, but personally I wouldn't have the guts to do something of that nature. Some would though. Either way, you have a monster 19th century card right there.

Strange how that "gunk" does not extend into the card's border. Almost makes me think that the "gunk" is not on this card at all, but may have been on the source photo from which this card was made. Is this possible?
Has anyone seen a N403 Welch without this discoloration?
This is the only one of these which I recall seeing.
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Show us the #1 card in your collection

Post by vwtdi Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 N172_rusie330I only ever owned one other Old Judge that had an image as clear as this one. It was purchased raw from a scrapbook find and most have seen it before, but I never tire of looking at it...hopefully others feel the same way.

vwtdi
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:00 pm

An OJ with a crystal clear picture is truly a thing of beauty.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:38 pm

I've never seen an OJ with such nice eye appeal as that one. Congratulations! That is a beauty!
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Empty Re: Show us the #1 in your collection

Post by chefmikeg Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:18 am

Not quite "Vintage" but it still is my #1

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 51bowm12
chefmikeg
chefmikeg
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRiddler Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:53 pm

I'm with you there, one or more of my all time favorites are not vintage material. This one also dates from 1951:

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Musial10
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:35 pm

I do have to agree that the image on the Rusie is quite remarkable, almost 3D.

Thanks for Sharing,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:32 pm

Well it is pre-war but a non-sport (you did only specify "card" Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 572921 ).

Here is the Beckett article that goes with it.

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Cadburycard

onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glenv Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:36 pm

Can't really pick a number 1, but this is one of my current favorites:

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Jam_ru10Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Jam_ru11

glenv
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Kevin, always love to see that card. For non-sports I love these 2

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Liberty
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 N36geronimo
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:56 am

this has been in my collection the longest...the #1 chase card when i was growing up, it's not worth much so i've always kept it...probably my favorite modern baseball card.

i have a few shawn green manny ramirez vlad guerrero psa 10 bgs 9.5s etc that i should just sell off...they're taking up space.

Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 12704484
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm

I have 50 Bip Roberts rookies. Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Affraid

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by onlychild Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Vintage or not, I can't get enough of the UD Griffy rookie. It also reminds me of a happier time for collecting. It's a necessity for any card collection.
onlychild
onlychild
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Show us the #1 card in your collection - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://www.AlteredCards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2