Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you trade your whole card collection for one card?

+6
ItsOnlyGil
cccc
fisherboy7
sabrjay
yawie99
jmk59
10 posters

Go down

Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Empty Would you trade your whole card collection for one card?

Post by jmk59 Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:51 pm

And if so, what would it be? Assume someone has a single card, and everything you have in your card collection adds up to the exact combination he wants. So you have to trade your entire collection - not keeping even one card back. Single card can be a rarity, or perfect example of something that's more mainstream, whatever.

I'm not sure if I would. My card collection is worth maybe $12K on a good day. What could I get for that? A highish end T206 Cobb or 33 Goudey Ruth. I don't know, maybe I would make the trade. A nice T3 Cobb? Maybe that too. I'd have to think about it some more, and maybe post more after I've thought.

Paul M (t206-collector) almost did something like this when he sold of the bulk of his T206 collection to get his cool Lionel Carter Plank. So that's the kind of decision I'm thinking of - would you make it? Except that it would have to be a straight trade for your entire collection.

Or if you don't collect cards, in terms of what you do collect. All of your cabinets and photos for one cab? All of your memorabilia for one piece?

J

Oh, and values have to approximately equal out. "Joann, would you trade your entire collection for a PSA1 Baltimore News Ruth?" "Well yes, as a matter of fact I would."
jmk59
jmk59
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Empty Re: Would you trade your whole card collection for one card?

Post by yawie99 Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:57 pm

I would, but it'd have to be for something whose value is based on absolute rarity rather than condition rarity. In other words, a PSA 8 or 9 T206 Hall of Famer wouldn't excite me but something like a Cobb with Cobb back would. Actually, I'm sure there are other cards I'd rather have than that one, but it's the first rare card that popped into my head. I don't think I could even get up to that value level, but you get the point.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Empty Re: Would you trade your whole card collection for one card?

Post by sabrjay Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:38 pm

Fortunately for me, I already own the one card I really want so there is no way I would ever trade my entire collection for a card unless it was a better example of my m101-5 Thorpe.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:06 pm

Y'know Joann, I've thought about what I'd do in this kind of scenario many times. If one of my dream cards came up....like a really sharp E107 Young or a really nice Kalamazoo Bats Wright or a really nice G&B HOFer....I'd probably go for it. Even if the combined monetary value of my collection exceeds the value of the single card. There's just something that appeals to me about having one amazing card that can be the cornerstone for years to come while you build up the rest of your collection again.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:13 pm

initially i thought the question was if u would have to trade your collection for 1 card and it'd stay that way forever, then it would've been a big no. but in ben's scenario if you can rebuild again then yes please ship the e107 sgc98 delahanty. off the top of my head there really isn't any card i'd trade my whole collection for right now tbh.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:44 pm

Yeah,

I'm about ready. I have approximately equal value in cards and coins. And I am considering converting both into individual examples, as a rememberance; as I embark on a totally new collecting avenue.

But what would I choose? It does not matter, it is no longer a collection, simply a rememberance.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Empty Yes...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:26 am

I would trade every card i have for just 1 really nice card worth the same.

T206 collector did the right thing. The T206 Plank will rise in value!!!! righton

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:55 am

I would also trade my entire collection for 1 card if I had the ability to aquire a dream card of mine.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:15 am

If the right card came up, I would absolutely trade the bulk of my collection for a single card of the same value. I would trade for a E107 Mathewson or T210 Jackson in a heartbeat (if I had enough cards to trade for one of these these, and unfortunately I currently do not).
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cmoking Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:04 am

No way. Unless I could sell that one card for more money and thus turn it to buy more cards than I currently have.

cmoking
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Would you trade your whole card collection for one card? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down