Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for?

+7
terjung
TheBig6
Bicem
fisherboy7
sabrjay
cccc
ullmandds
11 posters

Go down

Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Empty Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for?

Post by ullmandds Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 pm

As a type collector most of my life...I've enjoyed having many different types of cards to study...compare and contrast...but as I get older I toy with the idea of a major downsizing often. One of the nice things about vintage bb cards is their relatively small size...in most cases...and ease of storability.

Aside from the lame answer...T206 Honus Wagner...is there 1 card...which is the approximate value of your whole collection...that you'd trade your whole collection in order to own?!?!

I'll have to think about this a little for my answer.
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Empty Re: Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for?

Post by cccc Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 pm

no way...looking at one card over and over is lame, and boring! only my wife can make me do things like that...that'd never fly with my hobby.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Empty Re: Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for?

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:28 pm

I already own the one card I really want, so no I wouldn't trade my whole collection for one card.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:13 am

I'd probably pull the trade for a decent 1912 Boston Garter HOFer or a low grade BG Matty/Johnson (and yes, the values would likely be in the same ballpark)

I actually came close to doing something like that last year. To me, the idea of having one amazing card over many "ok" ones is appealing.

fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:19 am

fisherboy7 wrote: To me, the idea of having one amazing card over many "ok" ones is appealing.

This is a big reason for cutting my collection to 10 cards.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:25 am

sabrjay wrote:I already own the one card I really want, so no I wouldn't trade my whole collection for one card.

Thorpe?
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 am

I couldn't do it, I would get bored with just one card no matter how cool it was.

I could definitely live with 50 though.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 am

I saw a Chickering 1903 World Series Imperial Cabinet in the Boston Library that I will never forget. That one card would do it for me.
I took a picture thru the glass but believe me you had to be their.
Wagner & Cy Young on the same cabinet, not to mention the other hofers, Nuff Ced McGreevy and a vendor guy. It's HUGE and really was something very special

Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Fenway3

Last edited by TheBig6 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:50 am

sabrjay wrote:I already own the one card I really want, so no I wouldn't trade my whole collection for one card.

Ditto. My dream card was/is the E107 Wagner. I'd rather have it than the T206. (So, if I had it, I'd sell the T206 for the E107 + others.)
terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:15 am

There is nothing I can think of, but if my collection were worth enough, I might trade it for a Cap Anson in Uniform, but it isn't, so I'm happy with what I have. I view Anson in Uni as being the 19c equivalent of the t206 Wags.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 am

I think I have to agree with you guys...maybe a 50 card collection...maybe even a 25 card collection...but I can't think of 1 card I'd trade em all for...It'd be quite boring!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:12 am

Bicem wrote:I couldn't do it, I would get bored with just one card no matter how cool it was.

I could definitely live with 50 though.

I agree with Jeff, but my minimum would be at least 100 cards.
Val

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:29 am

I couldn't do it, I love looking at all the cards I have plus it is much tougher to lose track of so few cards. I seem to constantly misplacing my cards. sweat

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:27 am

Nope - not for me there isn't. If anything, the scope of my cardboard collection keeps growing...having just started on another rare pre-war hockey set to add to the other stuff... insane

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Yes, Thorpe is the one card I've always wanted. I guess next on my list would be a FBH Kelley or a G&B Kelley.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Yeah....I guess while we're dreaming, a Four Base Hits Kelly would be a total no-brainer for me. Might be the most beautiful card ever made, imo.

Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? 4basehits
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by terjung Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Sharp card. The closest I ever got was the E107 Kelley. Not exactly the same as a 4BH. Shocked

terjung
terjung
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Is there 1 card you'd trade your whole collection for? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:29 pm

I remember the first time I saw the card back in 1980. Just made my jaw drop. Then when I started asking around about acquiring one, I found out that it was almost impossible Crying or Very sad
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Yep...that 4BH Kelly is Gorgeous...but still...just having 1 card would get boring!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Who says you have to keep your collection at card? Try your current collection for that ONE card and then keep adding to it.

The FBH Kelley might be the only card I would take in trade straight up for it. Or maybe a 1912 Boston Garter
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down