Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin

3 posters

Go down

My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Empty My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:09 am

Pacific Coast Bisciuts. 50s go for about half of that, and an average 30 will go for half of the 50.
That is: right now. (I don't have VCP membership, but I do have a faulty memory).
Once Seth's Auction opens, there will be available about 5 dozen of these cards. And there will also be quite a pile of PCL Znuts.
We predicted the e107s correctly the last time an Auction offering created this "perfect storm". Is there any reason to think that the hobby will support current pricing with this offering on the table?

I don't think so.

How much should a guy bid on a 80, 1 of 1 ?
Is $700 too much? I think so. $625 is my guess.

What do you think ?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Empty Re: My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:14 pm

ItsOnlyGil wrote:
How much should a guy bid on a 80, 1 of 1 ?
Is $700 too much? I think so. $625 is my guess.

What do you think ?

As you've noted Gil, there have been a TON of D310's for sale lately. There must have been several large finds all within the same time period. And a high % of them have been in mid to high grade.

The D310 SGC 80's that ended last week on ebay sold in the $900-1000 range. With the high quality hoard being offered in the 19thcenturyonly auction (59 cards total), you've gotta figure those numbers will dip a bit, but who knows?

Maybe now is the best time to get your hands on a D310 as a type card. I wouldn't mind doing exactly that actually. It's still a tough set, but they might have lost a bit of their luster relative to other semi-scarce PCL issues like D311's and Home Run Kisses because of all the new cards coming to market lately.
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Empty Re: My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin

Post by dstudeba Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:55 pm

According to your pricing, an "overpriced" 80 at $700 would mean 50s are $350 and 30s are $175. All of the number graded cards have at least the minimum bid of $200. My guess is that pricing is a bit more compressed in this issue and less condition sensitive than other issues.

dstudeba
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi,

"My pricing" is based on actual prices realized in recent sales of this material:

http://search-completed.ebay.com/pacific-coast-biscuit_W0QQcatrefZC5QQdfspZ32QQfclZ3QQfisZ2QQfromZR7QQfrppZ200QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ32QQnojsprZyQQpfidZ0QQsacatZQ2d1QQsofocusZbs

If the ratio holds true, as you point out, a more compressed value assessment would be applicable.

Thank you.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100My guess is that Strong 80s go for about a grand, when buyin Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down