Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Empty Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!!

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Steve yawie had his group of T206 St. Louis players finish recently on ebay and the prices were strong for these raw cards. Maybe the trend for buying right now is towards raw cards.

From my observations not one of the auctions was a weak price with a few really strong ones including the Cycle. Was that your observations, Steve?

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/merchant/yawie99_W0QQLHQ5fCompleteZ1QQ_dmdZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sinceZ15QQ_sopZ12

Hope this trend continues,

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Empty Re: Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!!

Post by TheRiddler Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:19 pm

I realize that it has been less than a couple of months. But how is this project progressing, so far?

"I have recently spent $1366 for cards with the intention of reselling. I feel have have purchased them at a price that should award me at least 20% or more in the next 6 months (hopefully sooner)."
TheRiddler
TheRiddler
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Empty Re: Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!!

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:15 pm

I guess I should collect the St. Louis players.

Check out this Baltimore Cycle

It seems the Baltimore players in any set have a heavy tag. At least when I am buying.

Edited: Jim...i edited to add link for easy viewing...Mark Very Happy
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:03 am

Thanks Mark.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by yawie99 Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:55 am

I'm no billjo, but I was definitely pretty happy with the results. The Criger was the only real dud for me since I paid the going PSA 4 rate on it, but I've taken much bigger lumps than -$15 over the last few months. And the strong prices on the two Bliss cards (CYC 350 and EPDG) pretty much made up for it. I've been deleting stuff from my spreadsheet as it sells and haven't bothered keeping score of wins and losses, so to speak, but I think I've done pretty well. Perhaps exceedingly well relative to overall state of the economy.

Sold a lot of raw and SGC stuff through the N54 B/S/T board, got what I thought was a solid offer on my Drum on eBay this week and - gasp! - have worked out a big trade for the Demmitt and O'Hara. I'll kinda miss the St. Louis Super Set effort but I seem to need a major upheaval in hobby focus every few years. I have no idea what the card market will look like over time, and it's hardly my primary concern anyway, but I think I might have finally timed things well: coming out ahead on the latest Great T206 Sell-Off and hopefully buying some stuff while prices are kinda soft.
yawie99
yawie99
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Strong T206 Raw prices, Yawie!!!!!! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/yawie99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down