Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best price to start an auction at?

4 posters

Go down

What is the best price to start an auction at? Empty What is the best price to start an auction at?

Post by ItsOnlyGil Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:44 pm

2/3 card value?

$0.99?

About how much you have in it?

BIN only?

Other?
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
What is the best price to start an auction at? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is the best price to start an auction at? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What is the best price to start an auction at? Empty Re: What is the best price to start an auction at?

Post by scott elkins Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:41 am

On eBay, I believe the best price to start cards at is 99 cents. I have started cards at what I had in them or with a Buy It Now, the cards didn't sell. Then, when I started them at 99 cents, for some reason, the bidding went above my buy it now price almost every time. scratch

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
What is the best price to start an auction at? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100What is the best price to start an auction at? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

What is the best price to start an auction at? Empty Re: What is the best price to start an auction at?

Post by sabrjay Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:10 am

People like to bid and think that they have a chance at getting a deal. Once they have bid, they feel like they have somewhat of an investment in it and will watch it closer and likely pay more in the auction process than would have if thay had bought for a BIN. eBay is a very strange marketplace, unlike any other and marketing models from areas don't apply.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
What is the best price to start an auction at? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100What is the best price to start an auction at? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:17 am

I start my bids at what I feel is the low end of the market at the time. I rarely do the .99 start beccause I have taken a bath a few times and I am willing to hang on to the card rather than take a chance it will go for under what I feel is the low end of the market. This strategy has worked well for me. I also use the BINs and try to put them at what I feel is just below high end.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
What is the best price to start an auction at? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100What is the best price to start an auction at? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down