Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which card would you rather have?

+10
phlflyer1
hanksta
psacollector
r337man
bowlingshoeguy
ItsOnlyGil
scott elkins
sabrjay
fisherboy7
the-illini
14 posters

Go down

Which card would you rather have?

Which card would you rather have? Vote_lcap13%Which card would you rather have? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Which card would you rather have? Vote_lcap11%Which card would you rather have? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Which card would you rather have? Vote_lcap19%Which card would you rather have? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 9 ]
Which card would you rather have? Vote_lcap13%Which card would you rather have? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Which card would you rather have? Vote_lcap4%Which card would you rather have? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Which card would you rather have? Vote_lcap11%Which card would you rather have? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Which card would you rather have? Vote_lcap23%Which card would you rather have? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 11 ]
Which card would you rather have? Vote_lcap6%Which card would you rather have? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 47

Which card would you rather have? Empty Which card would you rather have?

Post by the-illini Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:48 pm

which of these cards would you choose? vote and tell us why in your reply...

My vote goes to the Just So - I love the 19th century cards, especially the ultra - rare sets like this
the-illini
the-illini
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue11 / 10011 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/crb972

Back to top Go down

Which card would you rather have? Empty Re: Which card would you rather have?

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:57 pm

I went with the E107 Joss vgex drool

Love the E107 set, love Joss, and it's so tough to find that card in such nice shape.

Great thread!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:00 pm

The Fireside was tempting, but since I used to own all the HOFers, owning a common would be something of a letdown. I went with one of my all-time favorite cards, the n162 Anson. Stunning colors, as most of the cards in that set do.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:20 pm

For me, it was a toss-up between the Just So, Fireside, T210 Stengel and Ruth Rookie. Guess I chose the Ruth Rookie, simply b/c it is more "tradeable".

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Lots of the cards could fit my plans. But for 1884, I'm putting together the players who contributed to the White Stockings team HR record, which wasn't broken until the '27 Yankees.

And a n162 Anson is at the top of that heap (someday). I wonder what comprimizes I will make.
Also seeking a n28 Kelly, but I do not have budget for it today. Thinking vg, to match my n28 Clarkson (3 HRs in 1884).
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:50 am

I went with the Ruth, I always thought his pictures and cards in the Red Sox uniforms were his best. This is all I have but very attractive:

Which card would you rather have? Gmruth10

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:36 am

WOW! I am shocked to see the Lajoie with no votes! I almost voted for that one but I already have it so my vote went with the Ruth.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:17 am

I'm surprised no one has voted for it either. Luster seems to have come off the card comapred to it's stature in the 70s and 80s. When I got into the hobby, I'd say that the Lajoie card was #2 in behind the Wagner. Now, it probably doesn't even rate in the top 5 and might slide out of the top 10.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by psacollector Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:33 pm

The EX Lajoie might be the most expensive card on the list but I have never been fond of the after-retirement card issued in 1934 through mail. My vote went towards the Ruth rookie.
psacollector
psacollector
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Interesting thought process, I wasn't considering condition or value when I chose.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by hanksta Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:28 pm

It was a toss up between the Ruth and the Joss, but I voted for the Addie (assuming it was not a blank back), I've always loved that B&W photo of Joss.

But I wouldn't kick any of those cards out of bed for eating crackers Very Happy .

I also agree with the Lajoie; it seems to have lost its luster since the 80's/90's (when I first started collecting), not to mention he was long retired by then.

sdbh
hanksta
hanksta
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

http://www.millcitycards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phlflyer1 Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm the lone one who would be happiest with a T-208 common over all of those other cards.

Being a Philadelphia area collector and being generally interested in scarcer type cards and sets, the T208 would be the one I'd take over any of those other cards even though they are all great.

Jay, I sure wish you had held onto those cards long enough that I could have pestered you for one of them. Wink

phlflyer1
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:34 pm

Firesides are insanely difficult! I have never owned one and probably never will.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Mine were acquired on a total fluke. I found them at an antique show in a shopping mall. The guy thought they t206s and I got them for that price. Not sure why he thought they were t206 since there was a Mack in the group.

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Looks like the fair conditioned Ruth rookie is the favorite. '33 Goudey Lajoie, still no votes! Actually that doesn't surprise me since it's a bit too 'new' for many of us Wink
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by crazylocomerk Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:18 pm

I went with the T206 Magie error. I would love to own this card. I started by collecting the T206's before I sold them all off. The Magie would be one card that I'd keep forever. So that's the reasoning.

I also almost picked the E107 Joss. I love that set now. It's one of my favorite caramel sets, though, I'll never really make a dent in that set. I own two, and that's probably all I'll ever own.
crazylocomerk
crazylocomerk
KOTTON King
KOTTON King

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by asphaltman76 Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:38 pm

E107 Joss. It is just way too difficult to find HOF'ers in that set in the VG-Ex range. Had the Just So been in the "good" range I may have been a bit more tempted.
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:39 pm

Thought I'd give this a bump since we have gotten a lot of new members since this was last on the front page

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by frankb22 Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:46 pm

It was Ruth or Anson for me and it came down to overall scarcity of material for the player.
Tons of great Ruth stuff out there and not nearly as much for Cap. Anson for me.

frankb22
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Trader Points :
Which card would you rather have? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Which card would you rather have? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:51 pm

went with the Ruth, how can you go wrong with the rookie card of the best player ever?

the Just So and T210 were very tempting though, while a lower grade Anson would be easy to find and I already have a low grade e107 Joss.

The others really did nothing for me.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down