Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W553's on eBay tonight

2 posters

Go down

W553's on eBay tonight Empty W553's on eBay tonight

Post by CobbSpikedMe Thu May 22, 2008 5:33 am

Hey all,

Did anyone else see the 10 w553's that ended on ebay tonight? They were listed in two obscure categories, and the seller had no idea what they had. They were in a scrap book and had Gehrig, Ruth, Grove, O'doul, Simmons, Frisch and 4 others. Unfortunately the pics are already down, so I can't post them (I should have saved them before the auction ended!). My snipe didn't even register, which is kinda good because I don't have enough money to cover it if I won (although I would've begged for it from a few people)

Anyways, this was another diamond in the rough that you can still find on eBay if you look hard enough.

The closing price? $1,683.09. I wasn't the only one who saw them.

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
W553's on eBay tonight Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100W553's on eBay tonight Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

W553's on eBay tonight Empty Re: W553's on eBay tonight

Post by fisherboy7 Thu May 22, 2008 3:37 pm

I haven't searched hard enough on ebay for a while now, so I had no idea about this auction. Sounds like a great lot though. IMO, W553's are underratedly tough. Possibly because they fall under the less desirable 'strip card' umbrella. Even at $1683, that group sounds like it was a pretty good deal.

Here's my one and only W553, Lefty O'Doul:

W553's on eBay tonight W553odoul
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
W553's on eBay tonight Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100W553's on eBay tonight Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down