Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is one periodical I cannot wait to read!

3 posters

Go down

This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Empty This is one periodical I cannot wait to read!

Post by scott elkins Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:45 pm

This one came out 4 years before I began collecting, so I have never owned it. I only hope it goes into some detail about Fritsch's personal collection. Wink I have always stated if I had to pick ONE collection to be able to view, it would have been Larry Fritsch's. While I did not agree with his grading, Larry had the most immense collection in the Hobby IMHO - he had more cards than Job (the rich guy from the Bible for those who don't know).

Ooops - forgot the link. Here it is!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230203730851

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Empty Re: This is one periodical I cannot wait to read!

Post by fisherboy7 Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:51 pm

Looks very interesting, Scott. I've often wondered what kind of goodies Mr. Fritsch had filling up his warehouse. Would love to hear about some of the hilights from the article. Also, if at all possible, maybe you could scan/post a page or two for us all to see on Full Count Question
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Empty Re: This is one periodical I cannot wait to read!

Post by cccc Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:31 am

scott,

very nice fritsch and brian cataquet in one place...hobby legends, 2 birds with one stone there Very Happy

i will miss larry and his handwritten note expressing how sorry he is i didn't like his cards and promising 10% off anything in his catalog for me next time.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Empty A little more edumacation from the Cat Man....

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:41 am

fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:25 am

nice stuff, love the accent he actually presents himself well. the linked commercial though was OMG LOL!

heard a joke that brian used to have some really tough cards from way back until he sold some to buy stacks and stacks of useless magazines and publications?
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Empty Quan, is this the one you were LOLing at?

Post by fisherboy7 Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:34 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:58 pm

I will definitely scan the pages about Fritsch and post them here for members to read/view. Smile

Quan, I will miss those handwritten notes from Larry when I had to return cards as well. I only wish I would have saved them.

As for Brian Cataquet, I have been able to buy some scarce/rare cards from him over the years at great prices. All one has to do is look at his eBay feedback and they can see why you can obtain cards at nice prices. mallet While I have never had a problem with Brian, it certainly appears others have. Of course I was never buying cards from him based on his grade (I always went by the scans), so I wasn't unhappy when the EX card he sold me turned out to be VG. Also, I was still usually able to get it at half the VG "value" anyway.

Quan, you know you would rather hear my Southern Accent in an interview than Brian's proper accent! Razz

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100This is one periodical I cannot wait to read! Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down