Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read this description and tell me what you think

+2
scott elkins
r337man
6 posters

Go down

Read this description and tell me what you think Empty Read this description and tell me what you think

Post by r337man Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:29 pm

http://tinyurl.com/2yr4kd

I know it is a reprint but should the guy really be making these???

(edited to shorten link)
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Read this description and tell me what you think Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Read this description and tell me what you think Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Read this description and tell me what you think Empty Re: Read this description and tell me what you think

Post by scott elkins Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:10 pm

I noticed the same auction when I was checking eBay out this morning. These are definitely obvious fakes to us, but could fool someone down the line who doesn't know anything about T206's. Hopefully nobody will bid on these and people will see this activity doesn't pay. However, I am certain a few people, hoping to help some fool and his money part down the road, will win these.

I guess next year, not only will T206 prices skyrocket, but we will see more crap like this as well - trying to make $$$ off of the 100th Anniversary of the set. lol2

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
Read this description and tell me what you think Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100Read this description and tell me what you think Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Read this description and tell me what you think Empty Re: Read this description and tell me what you think

Post by asphaltman76 Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Unfortunately he does have more...pretty troubleing to see this going on-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180205255533&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1123
asphaltman76
asphaltman76
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Read this description and tell me what you think Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Read this description and tell me what you think Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:49 pm

On the one hand, at least he's up front about it in his auctions and isn't trying to pass these off as the real deal. I doubt even the most novice collector is going to fall for it.

But on the other hand, he's doing a huge injustice to the hobby by introducing a bunch of homemade fakes to the market, which, as Scott pointed out, can be passed off by others as genuine cards later on. The fact that he's artificially aged them is also a big strike against this guy. nono

One wonders what his true motivation was for creating these cards in the first place Question
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
Read this description and tell me what you think Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100Read this description and tell me what you think Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:54 pm

The only possible reason to make these with artificial aging and creasing is to deceive in my opinion.
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by caramelcard Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:29 pm

I agree Dan. If he's beating them up, he's doing it for the sole purpose to fool somebody.

caramelcard
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Read this description and tell me what you think Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Read this description and tell me what you think Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Someone needs to make some money from the scam artists bow

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Read this description and tell me what you think Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Read this description and tell me what you think Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down