Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T206 Wagner Reprints

2 posters

Go down

T206 Wagner Reprints Empty T206 Wagner Reprints

Post by scottand Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:03 pm

As of today 6/7 there is a Wagner reprint on Ebay and the current bid is 100.00 and still has a day left in auction. Now Im not gonna be a hypocrite and ask why anyone would buy a Wagner reprint because I own several,some old looking and some look new, but only paid anywhere from 2.00 to 20.00. I enjoy them and love how some of them have different backs. Lets face it most of us will never even see a real one let alone own one. I will never understand why anyone would pay 100 or more for any reprint. Ive seen this before on Ebay. Reprints (not just Wagner) going for huge money.If the money was spent on a original T206 common it would be such a better investment. Im interested in other opinions about this. Im not talking about cards labeled "reprint" on the back Im talking about old looking reprints and the big money people spend. Thanks

scottand
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
T206 Wagner Reprints Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100T206 Wagner Reprints Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

T206 Wagner Reprints Empty Re: T206 Wagner Reprints

Post by sabrjay Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:46 pm

a lot of those high prices you see are shill bids. Fellow con-artists running up each others auctions in the hope that someone who isn't very savvy will think they might be getting in on a good deal. It's like the guy selling fake rolexs on the street. There maybe a number of people standing around him acting interested, but in all likelyhood 2 or 3 of them are his partners who after someone stops and shows interest, will step and say what a great deal it is get a real rolex a this price. They are basically trying to create a buying frenzy and hoping others will get caught up in it.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
T206 Wagner Reprints Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100T206 Wagner Reprints Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scottand Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Great point Jay,Ive seen stuff like that before where a price seems too high for a card and sometimes you gotta wonder if the person bidding is a scam or just stupid. Ive seen old looking Wagner reprints sell at a few bucks then another posting selling at over 50 bucks.I dont get caught up in bidding wars no matter what card it is. I have a price in mind and wont go over. I let others overpay.The Wagner on Ebay today made me laugh when I saw 100.....UPDATE ,Card is 125.00 now

scottand
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
T206 Wagner Reprints Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100T206 Wagner Reprints Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scottand Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:14 am

1 hour left and the Wagner Reprint on Ebay is at 460 dollars. Im am definetly going with Jay on this one. It stinks of a shill bidding.

scottand
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by scottand Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:11 am

Wagner reprint went for 560 dollars......Go figure. Scam or stupidity ??

scottand
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down