Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am posting for a special reason...

+9
fisherboy7
LucasRiley
t206head
Bosox Blair
pro9
sabrjay
pariah1107
ullmandds
r337man
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I am posting for a special reason... Empty I am posting for a special reason...

Post by r337man Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:50 pm

To hear myself talk!

Where is everyone?

This used to be a nice decent board, small but decent

I miss it
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

I am posting for a special reason... Empty Re: I am posting for a special reason...

Post by ullmandds Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:08 pm

I hear ya...I still lurk...but noone seems to post anymore...where the heck did Jamie go?
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

I am posting for a special reason... Empty Re: I am posting for a special reason...

Post by pariah1107 Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:16 pm

Was wondering the same thing about Jamie..... Where are you? Hope all is well.

Love this board, and many of the members. Relatively little drama. Great posts, unique finds, but it has been fewer and further between.... fewer active members for sure.... Is it cyclical, or have people adopted the Gang of Ten collection mentality?
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Yea this is a shame, I have always said that competition is good for both sides. PSA needs SGC, NET54 needs something to bang heads with. This place was perfect and exactly because of the lack of drama.

Well I am going to try to stay on here for a few weeks, maybe it will pick up.

r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Looking at the historical data, this time of year gets a bit slow. Actually, we need to see if people are still interested in the All-Time Greats fantasy league. Traditionally, the draft has always started around Feb 1st.

A big reason for the slow down is that Ben is has been busy out of the country and I've been focused on getting the BBQ sauce business up and running. I haven't been too involved in the hobby outside of selling a lot of stuff to finance the new sauce, going to the nationals this past year and the annual "big" show here last month.

The one thing I've always loved about this board is that t206s ARE NOT the focus of discussion.

I may have to resurrect my old "car set of the week" post I was making for awhile.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Ben and there was another guy who used to post alot from Canada I thought
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am

The only other Canadian that has posted with any frequency is Elliott, the former net54 moderator.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pro9 Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:48 am

I think Dan is thinking of Bosox Blair from Vancouver.

pro9
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Is Ben from Canada? Maybe I am thinking of another regular poster from US. Let me dig back in and look
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Who is fisherboy7? I think that is who I meant
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:51 pm

ben
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:40 pm

oh ok, well I remembered him, let me keep digging
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:07 pm

pro9 wrote:I think Dan is thinking of Bosox Blair from Vancouver.

Thanks for the shout-out  beer .

I'm still here - just a bit quiet for the last couple months. I have a back-log of pickups over those months tho...should post some in the January 2014 thread!

Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:12 am

I'm still here... sold my house living at the inlaws till the wife makes up her mind on a new one!! Everything I own is in storage. My entire collection is boxed in my office so sad... Just have this bs iPad so posting scans are out, pix only.. still collecting with passion working in t3s t200s and my pelty obsession I love this board it needs to live.... Later bob
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi Bob! Good luck on the T3 issue! I wish I would have collected that one back in the 1970s. Oh well. Beautiful issue!

At least you have inlaws!

I refer to mine as Outlaws!
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:39 am

Dude one of my inlaws is an outlaw!!!!
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:58 am

I think pariah1107 (I'm sorry, a lot of you seem to know each other's names, but I have to go by usernames) has a valid point. I think there is something cyclical about this hobby. I collect very actively for the most part, but I go through stretches where I buy almost nothing. It can be a couple weeks or even a couple months. Life just forces us to focus on other things sometimes. When you combine this pattern with the off-season, I think it's understandable that a board like this goes through periods of reduced activity.

Nonetheless, I'm a huge fan of this board. It's the only one I'm on. The people on it seem extremely knowledgeable, for the most part, and very devoted to the hobby and the game. Plus, I appreciate how well Jay monitors it.

That said, I don't mind a focus on T206's. They're my obsession. Much to my own pleasure and frustration. mallet 

But hey, if we want activity, let's talk about the A-Rod suspension. That should start some dialogue!
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:12 pm

Ha! Yes I think A-Roid can start a dialogue fast!

Nothing wrong with collecting and chatting T206 here, we welcome it!

Thanks for keeping in touch with the board
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 pm

Hey guys, I'm still around, and do check the board semi-regularly. Yes, I've pretty much absent over the past year, my bad. Living abroad tends to make keeping up with a collection somewhat difficult. We do have a good group of guys here and the board has a great history, so hopefully we can pick up the pace a bit in the new year. I have a few new pickups coming in soon, so I'll post those eventually when I next visit Canada! One of them is a pretty cool N172!
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Welcome back Ben! Great to hear from you!
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherboy7 Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Thanks Dan!! I appreciate it.  righton 
fisherboy7
fisherboy7
Admin
Admin

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue55 / 10055 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

http://www.imageevent.com/fisherboy7

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:55 am

Last year I went from 300 prewar cards to 3 (on purpose yes ), but I still lurk here. My new hobby is looking for cards I used to own back in hobby circulation. I have found about a dozen so far for sale, or on "show them" threads. I am pleased that they are back in the game!

The guys I communicated with on this board were "Top Notch!", and I am indebted to all who helped me. This is a great place to be! Thanks guys, Ted
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
I am posting for a special reason... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I am posting for a special reason... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by r337man Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks for sticking around Ted!! We appreciate having you! Dan
r337man
r337man
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Nice Ted...the hobby is much cheaper the way you are now "collecting!"
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo_450 Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:53 pm

ullmandds wrote:Nice Ted...the hobby is much cheaper the way you are now "collecting!"

... and the "virtual" collection is still gratifying!
Theo_450
Theo_450
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next