Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxes on Consignments

5 posters

Go down

Taxes on Consignments Empty Taxes on Consignments

Post by chefmikeg Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:42 pm

I recently consigned some of my collection to an auction house and was wondering what the process is for taxes when it comes to the final sale. I would assume that a great majority of you have consigned in the past and have experience with this matter. Any information would be appreciated.

Mike
chefmikeg
chefmikeg
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Taxes on Consignments Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Taxes on Consignments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Taxes on Consignments Empty Re: Taxes on Consignments

Post by cccc Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm

do you still have the receipts and invoices from when you bought the cards? would make things easier if you want to file the taxes. not much experience here tho, only consigned 2 things in my life one for a loss and one for some profits.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Taxes on Consignments Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Taxes on Consignments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:03 pm

There are two things that are certain in life...

Q is right you ought to keep your receipts. If you use TurboTax or a similar program, there is a specific place where you can report your income from collectibles. It is taxed at the rate of your regular income, not a discounted capital gains rate like the stock market.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Taxes on Consignments Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Taxes on Consignments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by ValKehl Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:43 am

Gains on collectibles are taxed at the same rates as regular income, except that the maximum tax rate on collectibles is 28% (vs. a maximum tax rate of 35% on regular income).
Val

ValKehl
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Taxes on Consignments Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Taxes on Consignments Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:57 am

Anyone willing to ask Pete if he had to pay taxes on Rowdy Lowdy? mallet
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Taxes on Consignments Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Taxes on Consignments Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down