Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame

+3
Z-NUT
pariah1107
LucasRiley
7 posters

Go down

The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Empty The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame

Post by LucasRiley Fri May 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Now that Rush and Heart are in (yes, I'm a Rush nerd, and was very happy to see them finally elected), who do you think are the two or three most deserving artists to get voted in next? Some viable candidates (in alphabetical order):

• Blue Oyster Cult
    Boston
    Deep Purple
    Peter Frampton
    Grand Funk Railroad
    Iron Maiden
    Kansas
    Tom Petty
    Judas Priest
    Moody Blues
    Styx
    Yes

Or feel free to indicate someone else. I'm sure my list betrays my age, but I do think the Hall has done a decent job with the pre-70's stuff. I'm kinda surprised that Yes isn't already in (especially since Rush now is). But the Hall's bias against prog is hardly a big secret.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame

Post by pariah1107 Fri May 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Deep Purple & Tom Petty would be my two votes.

Since it's Friday, I'm surprised '60's Australian Pop Hit makers, the Easybeats, don't get more consideration (Friday on My Mind). Australia's answer to the Beatles. Easybeats rhythm guitarist George Young is father of AC/DC legendary axeman, Angus Young.
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Fri May 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Deep Purple and Yes, but that could be just the weed talking.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Fri May 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Dude, I'm in Washington. Always the weed talking..... lol!
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Fri May 03, 2013 11:24 pm

KISS is to the Rock n Roll HOF what Ray Guy is to the NFL HOF. Until these two get in, both places are a total joke.

Simply put, KISS is the greatest performance/concert band ever. I've been to over 100 concerts and no one has put on a show like these guys. I'd see them every chance I'd get in the 80s. Was really worried about seeing them in 1997 on the 20 year revival tour but they pulled it off even bigger and better than before. At home though, I don't listen to their music, much the same as the Greatful Dead. Love 'em live, but no love at home.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBig6 Sat May 04, 2013 5:23 am

I vote Funky Railroad
March, 1970 Long Beach Arena
I was never the same

Oh Yeah, and Deep Purple for sure.
TheBig6
TheBig6
The Relic
The Relic

Trader Points :
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Left_bar_bleue27 / 10027 / 100The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Right_bar_bleue

http://imageevent.com/ruckers

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat May 04, 2013 2:02 pm

while I don't particularly love all of the bands on the list...arguments could certainly be made for all of them!!! tom petty should be in for sure!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sat May 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Agreed, Tom Petty for sure. Also, maybe Peter Frampton. Not vibing with anyone else on the list.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by pariah1107 Sat May 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Just realized Link Wray is not in the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame! HOW IS THE ORIGINATOR OF THE POWER CHORD NOT IN THE HOF???!!! Ridiculous. You mean they inducted ABBA before Link Wray & the Raymen; that institution has NO credibility. Here's some "Rumble".....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTg6rZJCu4
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Sat May 04, 2013 3:43 pm

peter frampton should NOT be let in...if only for his annoying use of synthesizer(or whatever the hell it is that makes that annoying wah wah sound) in "I want you to show me the way"...which has plagued music ever since!!!!

OOOOHhhhhhhh...that annoying wah wah wah nonsense makes me want to vomit every time I hear it!!!!!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Tue May 07, 2013 3:36 am

I didn't even think to put KISS on the list because I just assumed they were in. Just checked; can't believe it, but they're not. I'm not a fan, personally, but they absolutely belong. They embody rock showmanship.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down