Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bye stan the man musial.

+4
seablaster
jbonie
pariah1107
cccc
8 posters

Go down

bye stan the man musial. Empty bye stan the man musial.

Post by cccc Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:20 am

the last great american baseball hero, horrible news.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
bye stan the man musial. Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100bye stan the man musial. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

bye stan the man musial. Empty Re: bye stan the man musial.

Post by pariah1107 Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:25 am

Stan the Man, bless him.

Last edited by pariah1107 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
pariah1107
pariah1107
Legend
Legend

Trader Points :
bye stan the man musial. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100bye stan the man musial. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:52 am

I view that type of death as an opportunity to celebrate the amazing life that he did have. 92 years, it's a life well-lived, with a deserved reputation for kindness and tolerance, not to mention his greatness on the field.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
bye stan the man musial. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100bye stan the man musial. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by seablaster Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:59 pm

jbonie wrote:I view that type of death as an opportunity to celebrate the amazing life that he did have. 92 years, it's a life well-lived, with a deserved reputation for kindness and tolerance, not to mention his greatness on the field.

Well said. A very special individual indeed.
seablaster
seablaster
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
bye stan the man musial. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100bye stan the man musial. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:19 pm

jbonie wrote:I view that type of death as an opportunity to celebrate the amazing life that he did have. 92 years, it's a life well-lived, with a deserved reputation for kindness and tolerance, not to mention his greatness on the field.

i just think musial was our last link to the great old ballgame, captured on those grainy b/w videos. that's what saddens me. who's left? willie mays suck ass with his attitude. hank aaron for whatever reason never fully rose to that level.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
bye stan the man musial. Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100bye stan the man musial. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosox Blair Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 am

Stan was a class act and a helluva ballplayer too!!! Sad to hear he passed.

bye stan the man musial. Gatewa10
Bosox Blair
Bosox Blair
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
bye stan the man musial. Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100bye stan the man musial. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-NUT Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Tough weekend for baseball. First Earl Weaver, then Stan Musial, and Milt Bolling.

Z-NUT
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
bye stan the man musial. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100bye stan the man musial. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Stan was The Man. I remember being set up at the big Bob Lee show in SF around 1990 when word got out the Musial had stomach cancer. Lots of activity with people buying up his autographed stuff in anticipation that he was going to die soon. Glad that plan didn't work out for those scumbags.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
bye stan the man musial. Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100bye stan the man musial. Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 pm

yea i have seen autographs go up the last couple days with RIP in the title....effin eh. take advantage of his death all you want, just don't pretend like you care about the guy.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasRiley Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:00 pm

I became very familiar with the name Milt Bolling when he was proving to be one of the toughest '53 Topps cards to get (last one in the set). Sorry to hear he's gone. And as an O's fan, the Weaver thing was tough, but Stan was the worst news. I've always loved that 1,815 career hits at home and 1,815 career hits on the road stat. As George Will said, "He didn't care where he was. He just hit."

Not all is lost from the old days, though. We still have Yogi.
LucasRiley
LucasRiley
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
bye stan the man musial. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100bye stan the man musial. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down