Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eBay re-listing: What would you do?

5 posters

Go down

What would you do?

eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_lcap25%eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_lcap50%eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_lcap13%eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_lcap12%eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_lcap0%eBay re-listing: What would you do? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

eBay re-listing: What would you do? Empty eBay re-listing: What would you do?

Post by BigGuy219 Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Two months ago a 'scarce' (by my standards at least) pre-war card sold at auction on eBay. I was unaware of the listing, and thus did not bid. The card sold for less than what I would have bid, had I known.

The card has since been relisted as a BIN/BO by the original seller, for a price more than 3x the winning bid, by the same seller. I contacted the seller and asked what happened, "did the buyer not pay?", "were you unsatisfied with the final price and canceled the sale?", etc. I have thusfar received no reply.

What would you do?
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100eBay re-listing: What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

eBay re-listing: What would you do? Empty Re: eBay re-listing: What would you do?

Post by sabrjay Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:55 pm

You forgot the "wait for a response from the seller" option unless of course you really want the card. Then I'd say either pull the trigger or make offer half way between what it sold for and what you were willing to pay.

It sucks that sellers think that people that collect this sort of stuff won't notice that they are reselling something they supposedly sold months ago.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100eBay re-listing: What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

eBay re-listing: What would you do? Empty Re: eBay re-listing: What would you do?

Post by cccc Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 pm

i'd wait for a response from the seller, and then make an offer above what it "sold" for but under what i'd pay and send him another message.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100eBay re-listing: What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:22 am

As an update.

On August 16 I contacted the seller, and never heard back.

Tomorrow is the last day of the month long listing, and it received no offers.

After thinking it over, I decided to go the lowball route, and offered the exact amount the seller got in the June auction.

I would have liked to known what had happened ... whether the buyer didn't pay, whether he canceled the transaction happening for a better amount, or whether he's just a scammer who relists cards ... but it seems he's not the best at communication.

Because of the lack of communication, I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to wake up and see "Offer Accepted" or not, but I'll at least know that I tried. Though I sincerely doubt one of these will be offered to me anytime in the next decade if I strike out here.

Oh the joys of collecting in this crazy hobby.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100eBay re-listing: What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:03 pm

I have just purchased the item in question. Will post when it arrives.
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by ullmandds Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:51 pm

what is it...c'mon...do tell!
ullmandds
ullmandds
East Coast

Trader Points :
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100eBay re-listing: What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGuy219 Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Check the pick up thread Saturday-ish (knock on wood), Pete!
BigGuy219
BigGuy219
All-Time Greats Champion

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by jbonie Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:23 am

Let me guess, it's an M110 Frank Chance. scratch
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
eBay re-listing: What would you do? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100eBay re-listing: What would you do? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down