Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James

+3
cccc
sabrjay
jbonie
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does Dwight Evans belong in the Hall of Fame?

Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 9

Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James

Post by sabrjay Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Juan Gonzalez, unlike Morris, didn't spend 14 years as one of the best players at his position.
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Empty Re: Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James

Post by jbonie Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:27 pm

Sounds good, Jay! Very Happy
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by nolemmings Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:33 pm

In 1991 Viola is at the peak of his career and a lefty to boot and who does Tom Kelley want to anchor the pitching staff and pitch game 7 if needed? Jack Morris. Nuff said.

Problem with that argument is Viola wasn't on the 1991 Twins--he left after 1989.

I have no problem with Morris making the HOF, although I'll confess my bias towards native Minnesotans and Twins players. I'm too lazy to look up all the stats, but he reminded me somewhat of Catfish Hunter, a HOFer whose WAR was 32.5, in the sense that he would win the game 2-1 if that's what was needed or 12-8 if the offense gave him a good lead. Really not concerned with stats as much as beating your ass, and seldom needed his teammates to bail him out.
nolemmings
nolemmings
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Dwight Evans HOF article by Bill James - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2