Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sterling Sports Auctions????

+6
bowlingshoeguy
t206head
3-2-count
cccc
jbonie
kamikid
10 posters

Go down

Sterling Sports Auctions???? Empty Sterling Sports Auctions????

Post by kamikid Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:15 am

Hey fellas I was wondering has anyone ever sold anything with them. A guy (Brian) contacted me and since i was looking to move my partial set of t205s and he was interested in helping me move it through his site and auction house. I just want some feedback if anyone has used him and if its worth going this direction. Thanks for any help, Jesse
kamikid
kamikid
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Sterling Sports Auctions???? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sterling Sports Auctions???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Sterling Sports Auctions???? Empty Re: Sterling Sports Auctions????

Post by jbonie Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 am

I have never used him but he generally has a good reputation in the hobby, well-liked. His auctions are still relatively new, however, and I don't know if they draw the best prices. Most people wouldn't consign a high grade set there but since your collection I believe is mostly in lower grade you might be alright.
jbonie
jbonie
Custom
Custom

Trader Points :
Sterling Sports Auctions???? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Sterling Sports Auctions???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:34 am

from the t206s i track there brian's prices are very competitive compared to ebay for lower grade cards.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Sterling Sports Auctions???? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Sterling Sports Auctions???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:12 am

Have used Brian many times and have done well. His auction is a perfect fit for the cards your looking to sell.
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Sterling Sports Auctions???? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100Sterling Sports Auctions???? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by t206head Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:25 am

just gave him 87 graded t cards for the feb auction!!! the kid is all good. hope to buy one needed card with the return...... BOB
t206head
t206head
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Sterling Sports Auctions???? Left_bar_bleue6 / 1006 / 100Sterling Sports Auctions???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 am

Brian is top notch have consigned in the past and will continue to. He runs a nice auction, best organized one out there and he pays fast. He also accepts paypal which very few do.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Sterling Sports Auctions???? Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Sterling Sports Auctions???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by smtjoy Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Agree with the rest, Brian is top notch and he has been getting some good prices (I know because I keep getting outbid haha), I would consign with him for sure.
smtjoy
smtjoy
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Sterling Sports Auctions???? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sterling Sports Auctions???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by T206BrownHindu Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:34 am

I think there needs to be better advertising/notification of when a new auction starts up. With other auction houses, I get notified seemingly daily with updates on my bids, etc. With SSA, I forget about his auctions until they're half way complete at times.

I wouldn't mind getting an email notification each time Brian's auctions start up, but, as far as I know, that's not an option.

Mark
T206BrownHindu
T206BrownHindu
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Bicem Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:06 am

Brian is the man.
Bicem
Bicem
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Sterling Sports Auctions???? Left_bar_bleue4 / 1004 / 100Sterling Sports Auctions???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by spacktrack Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:38 am

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

As for e-mail notices, I always send an e-mail on the opening and closing days of the auction. I also send an average of 3-5 e-mails over the course of the two week auction in addition to the advertising I run on several websites and press releases sent via Auction Report and PSA.

Mark--I'll check your subscription settings as five e-mails (including one today) have been sent about January's auction.

Thanks,

Brian

spacktrack
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :

http://www.sterlingsportsauctions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by T206BrownHindu Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:40 am

spacktrack wrote:Thanks for the positive comments guys.

As for e-mail notices, I always send an e-mail on the opening and closing days of the auction. I also send an average of 3-5 e-mails over the course of the two week auction in addition to the advertising I run on several websites and press releases sent via Auction Report and PSA.

Mark--I'll check your subscription settings as five e-mails (including one today) have been sent about January's auction.

Thanks,

Brian

Thanks Brian, I appreciate it...

Mark
T206BrownHindu
T206BrownHindu
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:07 am

i also never get an email from sterling...usually the auction is at least half way done before i realize, which is a good thing since i don't have to wait out the usual 2-3 weeks.
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
Sterling Sports Auctions???? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100Sterling Sports Auctions???? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down