Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PayPal only? Why?

+3
ItsOnlyGil
3-2-count
sabrjay
7 posters

Go down

PayPal only? Why? Empty PayPal only? Why?

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:10 am

I just had a seller tell me that he only takes paypal and that if I don't pay within 24 hours he will leave me a negative. I sent an eamil back to him laughing, teling him to go ahead and leave me a neg or he can send me his mailing address as requested so I can send him a money order.

I also mentioned that he might want to read eBay's new policy regarding feedback to buyers Smile

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

http://fullcountforum.com/

Back to top Go down

PayPal only? Why? Empty Re: PayPal only? Why?

Post by 3-2-count Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:56 pm

Jay -
Iv'e always wondered why some sellers will only take Paypal. With all the bad press lately involving Paypal I think there's alot
of people that have pulled their accounts. Any seller not excepting MO's or personal checks leaves money on the table due to
the non participation of the bidders who wish not to use Paypal.
I think the number of Paypal non-users is growing by the day as well.
Tony
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsOnlyGil Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:22 pm

I had one of those about 9 months ago.
Paypal only!
I guess that sometimes you can need cash right away.
And this guy clearly wanted money right away.
The item was good. I hope he made bail.
ItsOnlyGil
ItsOnlyGil
Retired
Retired

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:37 pm

I'm seriously tempted to reopen an account, get the card and then make a claim that it never arrived if he doesn't use signature confirmation. PayPal won't accept anything else as proof of delivery, including insurance, so I could end up with the card and get my money back, IF I wanted to be a total jerk Twisted Evil

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:46 pm

I have to send a check or money order to pay. If I send a PayPal payment, they will add on the $7500 negative balance in my account and try to take that from my bank account along with the payment. Again, this was on a transaction back in Oct. 07 - the buyer received the card. In fact, he won several high dollar cards, and has started trying to claim the credit card use was unauthorized now! Luckily, I have been in contact with other sellers about this scam artist and PayPal screwing all the sellers almost five months later, but nothing will be done it seems (except screwing the sellers). I am NOT going to be out a high dollar card, then have to give up the money I received for it, after I the card was received by the buyer and positive feedback left!

I had a HUGE PROBLEM with PayPal this morning. Looks like, while listing some items a few days ago, I forgot to take the PayPal slogan out of one of my listings. As luck would have it, that auction sold with a Buy It Now and the bidder paid with PayPal!!!!!!!!!!! frustrated I have spent all morning trying to get this guy's money back to him, as PayPal simply subtracted that amount from my negative balance. I have sent PayPal some e-mails threatening legal action this morning as well - which they are probably laughing at. At least they let me refund the guy. However, they are trying to take that money out of my PayPal bank account, which I already emptied when PayPal placed a negative balance on my account. I am hoping he will get his money back and PayPal will simply add back the amount to my negative balance.

It seems it would be illegal for PayPal to take money from a member or put their account in a negative balance while an investigation is still underway with this chargeback? However, some big companies think they can do what they want and usually get away with it - I found that out when I was injured on the job back in 2002! flaming mad

In ending, I would urge everyone to QUIT using PayPal! I had heard the horror stories for years, but ignored them until now.

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by CobbSpikedMe Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:05 pm

One of the first things I look for when I see and item I want on eBay is if the seller accepts money orders. If it states right under the bid amount, "Paypal Only" then I just close the window and go back to browsing the listings. I don't even scroll down to look at the pic or read the description. There have been many sellers that didn't get my bid for this very reason, so I can imagine there are many more like me out there.

Thanks,

AndyH
CobbSpikedMe
CobbSpikedMe
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cccc Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:29 am

hey scott,

good luck with paypal. i can't believe you didn't take the paypal option off. the paypal's people probably are thinking "YAY free monies!" Sad

tony,

is that an inferior e90-1 jax as your avatar than the one you bought? question this looks to have a couple wrinkles/creases on the front.

since i have no problem with paypal i don't shy away from paypal only auctions. it's win/win for the buyer as demonstrated in scott's case...you get ur items faster, you have full protection if you pay with a cc, and 3 months later you can file a fraud chargeback and potentially get all that money back!
cccc
cccc
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

PayPal only? Why? Empty Yea...

Post by Square_Frame_Ramly Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:46 am

That sucks Scott....live and learn i guess. At least now you know and it won't happen again.

I hear you guys about Paypal but for me its the quickest way to pay and you get the product fast. If i have a problem in the future i am sure i will feel different.

As for sellers asking for Paypal only, its understandable if someone needs the cash fast. It sucks for buyers who don't use Paypal.

Mark
Square_Frame_Ramly
Square_Frame_Ramly
FC NCAA Bracket Champ
FC NCAA Bracket Champ

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue15 / 10015 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by 3-2-count Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:50 am

Hi Quan -
Good eye. Yep, my avatar is the lower graded one I let go to upgrade into my Sgc-40.
Tony
3-2-count
3-2-count
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue18 / 10018 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

http://www.32countsportscards.com/collection.html

Back to top Go down

Post by scott elkins Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:33 am

Great news - the buyer was understanding. I am going to ship him his card tomorrow. Then, he will file a claim with PayPal to get his money back. This way, I will not get stuck eating the $355. I did tell him to send me a check for $300 when he gets his PayPal refund of $355 - that way, he can save $55 for his troubles. PayPal will then simply tack the $355 back on my negative balance. Very Happy

Again, I don't see why a seller is responsible in my situation. Looks like the credit card company would go after the person who "supposedly" used the credit card to purchase several high dollar items without permission, instead of the PayPal and the sellers - who, if they paid PayPal would be out not only a high dollar card, but the money as well! insane Also, I have no contract with the credit card company, so looks like this would be betweent them and PayPal??? Anyway, that scamming bunch at PayPal is NOT going to get the $7500+ from me, after I am out the card! flaming mad flaming mad flaming mad

scott elkins
Inactive

Trader Points :
PayPal only? Why? Left_bar_bleue8 / 1008 / 100PayPal only? Why? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:17 am

You guys will all feel different when PayPal double dips your account because their software doesn't recognize the correct balance. PayPal must die shooting 🐷

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrjay Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:58 am

The seller that wouldn't take paypal relisted the card and it closed for almost $50 less than my winning bid. Needless to say, I dropped him an email asking him how it felt to lose $50 because he won't take a money order insane and my winning bid was only $121

Jay
sabrjay
sabrjay
Dunderhead
Dunderhead

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down