Full Count Vintage Baseball Card Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back

4 posters

Go down

Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Empty Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back

Post by bowlingshoeguy Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:02 am

I am curious if the different issues such as T205 Hassan's were distruted the same way as T202s and any other issue that may have similar tobacco ads.

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Empty Re: Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 pm

I have some good info to ad in this thread but it will take me a day or two to get it together

Nice subject Lee.
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Empty Re: Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back

Post by Jim Rivera cfc1909 Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:47 pm

T80 Military was issued with Cairo Monopol, Lenox, Old Mill, Tolstoi and Uzit cigarettes. The majority or most common being Tolstoi. Four of these brands were also part of the T206 set.The only brand excluded was Cairo Monopol.

The Lenox and Uzit brands are more difficult than their counterpart from t206. The Old Mill is far more difficult that Old Mill baseball. There was an estate find in Saverna Park Maryland of 20 Old Mills and that doubled the known population. So there are less known examples of Old Mill military than there are of Broad Leaf 460.

The Uzit letter issued to the distributing factory states there are to be one military and one baseball subject issued in each pack of cigarettes.

Cairo Monopol is another extremely difficult back. I have only seen one ebay auction for this back in 12 years.

The t80 set has a check list of 50 with five different backs and at the present we know of at least one blank back.

Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back T80t2010

Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back T80tou10

Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back T80tou11

Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back T80tou12
Jim Rivera cfc1909
Jim Rivera cfc1909
MVP
MVP

Trader Points :
Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:55 am

Great stuff. Curious how the fronts look like T205 minor leaguers and the backs like T206s. Do you have distribution dates on the T80's?

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :
Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Left_bar_bleue53 / 10053 / 100Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by bowlingshoeguy Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:58 am

Did the purchaser of the cigarettes have any idea if the were buying packs with baseball players or was it a crap shoot to get a non-sports card?

Lee
bowlingshoeguy
bowlingshoeguy
Sultan of the Cycle Back
Sultan of the Cycle Back

Trader Points :

Back to top Go down

Post by Abravefan11 Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:24 am

Lee - Two cards were inserted into each pack of Uzit and Tolstoi and more than likely Lenox and Old Mill as well. This is confirmed by letters that were sent out to retailers informing them that one each of the T80 and T206 subjects would be inserted into each pack. Also the letters are dated February and March of 1911.

Tolstoi Letter
Uzit Letter
Abravefan11
Abravefan11
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer

Trader Points :
Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by canjond Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:31 am

Lee - your original post is a great question, but as far as I've ever been able to figure out, T202s (since that was your original question) were distributed in the same manner as the T205s. I've seen countless Hassan packs, but I've never seen any sort of configuration dating to the relevant time period other than the long flat design. Accordingly, it just seems logical that T205s would have been issued in the same manner.

On a side note, I did see a Hassan pack opened at one point - it contained a beautiful (albeit off-centered) T202... and nothing else.
canjond
canjond
All Star
All Star

Trader Points :
Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Packaging of Different issues with same brand on back Right_bar_bleue

http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down